YouTube TV - $35/mo

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Are we watching a quickening of cable's death? To be sure, this moves us even closer to further dissolving the already wafer-thin line between internet-based and traditional broadcast entertainment - which is a great thing.

But what's going to happen when the broadcast networks no longer drive the market, or better, what happens when it dies altogether?

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Could be similar to the transition from hard lines to cell phones. I'm looking forward to saving some money on my dish bill because of this

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This looks like it has all of the sports channels I'd want, so this will probably be what finally gets me to ditch cable.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

AMC sounds like the only reason to keep cable. Probably can figure out a way to watch that for free, though.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i like having a dvr personally.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Now we just need cable to push regulation to hinder the advancements. It will be about protecting the consumer though so greater good and all

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

PSVue has a tier that is same price and includes TBS, TNT, and TruTV (march madness channels).

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/

8. InVolNerable

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

interesting. wonder how well it will work

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Until we get full high speed internet, cable/satellite is going nowhere. I have dsl, well it's the slowest speed possible to be considered broadband, but it stops at my house. In fact, if I call the phone company, they'll tell me dsl isn't available to my house. Power co-op is holding a meeting in May to judge the demand for rural high speed internet.

To tell you how bad my home internet is, if the wife is on Facebook on her phone, I can't watch Netflix without buffering every 2 minutes if not shorter.

11. InVolNerable

PS Vue has AMC

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Already happening with internet. Just a matter of time. They removed any suspense by buying both parties and astroturfing support with minority groups and marketing firms spoofing comments. If anyone isn't aware of this, it is out in the mainstream to find.

13. Tenacious D

That's some Correct The Record / Sharia Blue stuff. I'm always shocked that corporations get away with this sort of stuff, but they almost always do.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I switched from internet back to cable just because i couldn't get local channels over the air where I live now. Maybe I could if I bought a better antenna but I have bigger fish to fry and I got a good deal going back. Maybe in a year or 2...

15. Tenacious D

Watching Trump's speech last night was the first extended bit of cable or network programming that I've seen since Tennessee's bowl game, IIRC.

16. Calculon

Calculon Member

Vue on my Fire TV has been great. I see no reason to subscribe to a cable service with receiver fees that cost over half of what I pay per month.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

We have a roku. Dont miss tv.

I wish someone would figure out global wireless. The tech exists, just expensive to setup on the front end.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The new redneck thing is jailbreaking a firestick giving them all of the content for free.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Which I assume is illegal?

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah like the satellite cards and codes till they started zapping them.