President Trump Administration and Russia

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The one thorn in his side that won't seem to go away deserves its own thread, at this point, especially considering the news regarding Sessions yesterday. A number of Republicans are stating that Sessions should recuse himself from the Russia investigations for his false or misleading statements at his hearing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/02/us/politics/jeff-sessions-russia-trump-investigation-democrats.html?_r=0

The ramifications for this continuing Russia deal, to me, is that this opens the door for a special prosecutor type or more independent inquisition into the matter. Like I said before, I don't know where this situation is heading for Trump and his administration, but it isn't going away anytime soon.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Sessions should recuse himself because he's a part of the administration that will be investigated.

And before anyone jumps on me for that, I am a firm believer that that acting AG should never be involved in investigating the administration under which he serves. I don't care who is President.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. The "Russian" thing - and which every federal agency has said there there is precisely zero evidence to suggest exists - keeps coming up....because the Dems keep alleging it, if not to produce or compel the truth, then to cause opportunely timed political damage. Like Flynn, the basic facts of these allegations have been known for weeks...but only come out after Trump's widely applauded speech to the joint session of Congress. That doesn't make the allegations false, but neither does it make them true.

2. If these misdeeds occurred, and if some untoward involvement with Trump's team and Russia has occurred or does exist, then state the specifics of your case, put on your proof and defend it. Until then, and these allegations are proven true, forgive me for seeing this as nothing more than just the latest installment in a game of political muckraking.

3. If Sessions, or anyone else, is legitimately believed to have committed perjury, they should be investigated. If the evidence of that investigation proves that the accused committed that act, and beyond any reasonable doubt, then he should be held criminally accountable, punished accordingly. And if Sessions has done this, then there should be no exemption made for him, whatsoever, and he should absolutely be punished and forced to resign as AG, at a minimum.

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Are we in the 1950's again?

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Where is the crime?

[video=youtube;Pjo16QamjIc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjo16QamjIc[/video]

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Sessions is recusing himself from Trump campaign investigations.

That's the right decsision. Why make this more of a story?

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Lets pretend that Trump called Putin himself and said, "Hey Putin, my brother from another mother, sic you bad boys on Clinton"; what Law(s) would he have broken?

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Are you saying that encouraging a foreign government to interfere in our election isn't a crime?

11. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

He would have recused himself regardless of this fake news story today because he was part of the campaign. It would have been improper for him to oversee an investigation into a campaign he helped work on. So the Anti-American Party Dems get to claim a faux victory. Again, the Russian narrative is a CIA creation. There is nothing there, but the Dems want it to be true so bad. It is quite comical once you really see what is going on.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What is the crime?

13. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

So it's cool? A move along, nothing to see here kind of thing?

Because, "hey there's no crime...hahahaha"?

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Lets pretend that it is proven that Trump called Putin himself and said, "Hey Putin, my brother from another mother, sic your bad boys on Clinton".

What happens then?

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I guess we all have to be cool with it, because "NO CRIME SUCKERS!!".

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Lets pretend that Dooz contacted Putin (phone call. email, what not) and asked him to torpedo Trump.

What should happen to DooZ?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm saying Sessions may have committed a crime. And that makes 2 who contacted Russia and lied about it. How many before you get suspicious? If it helps, pretend they aren't Republicans.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why did he initially say he wouldn't recuse himself, then?

You're trying so hard.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you wanting a legal opinion, or are you saying you have no problem with foreign interference in American elections? I thought it was liberals who were the globalists?