Tennessee Bubble Watch Central

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 6, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Three games to follow today -

UConn vs. DePaul at noon
    Seton Hall vs Providence at 7 EST
    St. Joe's vs. Charlotte at 7 EST

This will, of course, greatly increase Wednesday through Friday.

I'll do my best to update this each morning with the games to follow. Everybody else please chime in.

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I brought this up in the bracketology thread, but I think with the way the CAA Championship played out, somebody's bubble got burst. Had Drexel let VCU demolish them like it appeared would happen in the first half, Drexel likely gets left out. I don't see how the committee can overlook a 25-2/19-1 (19 straight wins) finish for the Dragons. As also mentioned in that thread though, I have obvious CAA bias.

3. CardinalVol

They could be a 2 bid league and I would not be surprised, but Drexel just doesn't have any good OOC wins. I just don't see it.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Just to wet your beaks a little, in the event that the Vols made the NCAA tournament some first round locales include Nashville, Louisville, Greensboro, and Columbus. Certainly easy venues to get to for the legions of Vol fans scattered throughout the southeast.

5. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

I would go to these minus Greensboro plus Pittsburgh.

I've seen the vols play at each of these venues minus Louisville of course.

Nashville for the SECT and for our game vs Ok State. Greensboro, 2nd row sitting behind Coach K's family. Saw chris lofton hit that 3 to win. Only to lose in the 2nd round by the shockers, iirc.

I also went to Columbus to see us hang over 100 on long beach St. I think we beat UVA in the second round that year.

If we are one of the last 4, will we play in Dayton? I drove over there to see UT lose to OK state in a heartbreaker 8/9 game. The end of that season really fizzled.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If it's in Nashville I'll buy a round

7. CardinalVol

I'm not getting my hopes up that we will sneak in and then get a game in close proximity to here.

8. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

Feels good to even be talking about this after all the bullshit.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

UConn hasn't looked great, but it is hard to imagine DePaul winning after watching the first half.

10. CardinalVol

There is no good reason for DePaul to be so bad for so long. The school should be able to step out it's back door and pick 5 kids up off the nearest program and be better than they have been.

11. CardinalVol

DePaul has cut it to 12 with 8 to go....

/puts on rally hat

12. CardinalVol

Had it down to 9, back up to 12 with 4 to go.

13. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I guess now we have to root for Providence and Charlotte. Am I correct?

14. CardinalVol

15. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Princeton giving UT some help. If they hold on against Penn, that eliminates the prospect of Harvard being in the at large pool.

16. CardinalVol

I think UConn is in. I'm going to keep tracking them just in case, but I would be surprised if they didn't get it. And hat is right, Harvard winning the Ivy helps a lot.

As for today's games....

UConn/WNU - noon
    Seton Hall/Louisville - 7pm - Seton Hall is right there with us. A loss today would help us immensely.
    Nova/South Florida - 9pm - Just not sure how the Bulls sit right now. I think an early exit would hurt them a lot

No other mid-major conferences have games that will affect us today. Tomorrow will really pick up.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think UConn is in as well. They will be looked at different with Calhoun being in and out during the season. Hopefully the committee puts a lot of wait on Stokes coming in mid stream.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Should I be rooting for UCONN or WVU. Both are on the bubble are they not?

19. CardinalVol

UConn is on more shaky ground than WVU. I'm for the Mountaineers.

20. CardinalVol

UConn comes back to win after WVU imploded down the stretch.

UConn is officially in.