Trump Jobs Boom: 298k New Jobs in February

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is real, and matters. Everyone happy about this, or not?

And that's one month in. If he keeps this up, he'll grab Beyoncé by the *****, during halftime of the Super Bowl, and be reelected in a landslide.

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4293622/Trump-s-month-brings-massive-employment-boom.html

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That's an incredible number.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Does he believe the numbers? If so, how has their estimation and reporting changed since Jan 20?

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If it's half that, it's still pretty damn good.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Definitely good news. Economy is the primary key to his longevity, no argument there.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm sure its good. I'm also sure some folks are massive hypocrites who have talked themselves into a corner if anyone has been actively listening. All the government metrics are fake until they're useful.

7. Tenacious D

Sharpen your climate change axe elsewhere.

There is nothing in the report, or which otherwise suggests, that the method estimation or reporting has changed under President Trump.

Surely, this is good news, even considering your disdain for Trump. It's good for Americans, if nothing else. Perhaps the silver lining for you is the friendly reminder that the more people are working, the more of tax dollars that the gov'munt can rob from them.

We all keep winning!

8. Tenacious D

From the Math Czar, himself!

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I hope it continues in its growth, and this is great news.

My problems with Trump are not economic (for the most part).

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is good news for workers, bad news for integrity and good government that we have an inherently dishonest and megalomaniacal leader who shits on good jobs numbers for years as being fake then touts his numbers that were calculated by the same metrics. It's part of a bigger pattern that will inevitably have consequences.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Economically, I think he'll be great.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the economics have been there, it was a perception brought by political friction that hampered a stronger recovery. Nothing has really changed yet. No tax cuts. No tangible regulation changes.

13. Tenacious D

You had me at "It is good news..."

14. Tenacious D

What a conveniently revisionist position.

Was the Executive Order in specifically requiring deregulation not tangible enough?

15. NorrisAlan

I am convinced economics is 90% mental and psychology. If people believe the economy is going to be good, it will be good. If they think it is going to be bad, it will be bad.

16. NorrisAlan

See, this is the kind of thing he does that makes me want to like the guy. And telling NATO to belly up to the bar.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Considering two regulations to remove for every new one? Let's see what regs change.

18. Tenacious D

I've always liked IP, not merely in spite of our many, ferocious and sincere disagreements - but probably because of them.

I cannot speak to what he may have told NATO. But if it was on climate change, I hope they took copious notes.

19. Tenacious D

You're (intentionally) missing the point - no new regulations have passed.

Does that not count?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Celebrating deregulation is like staying up eating candy and drinking loads of soda. So fun, but you're gonna end up pissing the bed and waking up with a stomach ache. It'll be the working class that takes the pain, of course.