The controversy here in Denver concerning Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Aug 23, 2011.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

just see how he acts in public. kid's been famous for a very long time. anyone thinking they know him at all are kidding themselves. everything he does is orchastrated to look like a "good guy."

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

He appears to me to be one of the most self-aggrandizing humans I have ever seen.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Jealous of his inhumane humility, IMO.

4. MacReady

MacReady New Member

Chopping [Richards] and throwing picks

5. cotton

Possibly. The other option is that I find running around the field thumping your chest and doing the chomp with bible verses painted on your face followed by gospel quotes are the actions of a phony douchebag.

"Look at me, I'm the greatest thing ever, thanks be to God!"

6. cotton

How do you add a pic to a post?

When I click the image button, the screen just freezes and goes all ghostie.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

fans, who have never seen either of the backups practice, trying to weigh into the decision are just idiots.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Same for me. Also can't figure out how to post a video.

9. UncleNeyland

UncleNeyland New Member

Send him to the Bay.... Oakland. What a pairing that would be

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If so, then he's on top of his game more than any person I've ever met.

I do some work with FCA, and several of the people have worked with him at various stuff. Every single one of them say it's who he is whether in public or not. Now, do I think he's an start-leving QB? Not at all. I thought Denver was crazy for drafting him in the 1st round. That said, I'm really tryign to think of when he's not acted human. When you bust your ass and don't achieve yoru goals, you get frustrated. I don't care who you are.

Now, if you want to say it was tupid for that interview then ok. I'll agree with that. But the Legend of Tebow has been perpetuated by ESPN and Lundquist 1,000 times more than Tebow himself.

11. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

[​IMG]

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he is in public when at the FCA. guys image is very very important to him. he's the one acting like he is oh so much better than the rest of us. arguing the tebow backlash (not saying you are arguing this btw) is purely because he is religious is absurd. he brings it on himself. he pretends he has all these new things to say and all that comes out of his mouth is the same garbage we've all heard before.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he has looked pretty good in limited action. i can't believe he's "that" bad. if elway et all are really that down on him i don't see why the don't trade him. i'm sure someone would take him.

14. CardinalVol

I guess I just don't seem how he acts like he's holier than anyone else. Then again, I hardly ever watch any ESPN except for actual sporting events so I don't see the interviews that may cause this. In this particular case, I think he's having a hard tiem adjusting to not being "the man" when he has been his entire life.

Trust me, I'm over Tebow-mainia. I have been since about midway through his Junior year. I'm just simply saying from every person I've ever spoken with it's who he is whether in fromt of a camera, mic, or hanging out with friends. I'm just saying it's not an act. For some it is, for him it's not.

15. CardinalVol

Also to note, and I did not know this until today, but there are no longer any 3rd QB rules. So, technically he could still be a 3rd stringer and come in specifically for a wildcat package.

16. cotton

[​IMG]

Thanks. Image button doesn't seem to work.

EDIT: Neither did that.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
  17. cotton

Thanks WM and QP

18. MacReady

MacReady New Member

[​IMG]

Just an update, Tebow can't beat out this guy

19. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I wish they would play Tebow.