2017 Strength of Schedule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Mar 10, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Phil Steele has Tennessee's schedule as 10th toughest in the SEC and 44th nationally.

No excuses, Butch

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Let me educate you on how many excuses we have. We have a new OC. A new QB. A new RB. A new AD. A new WR coach. Our team is 1/4 freshman and none of the team was a senior last year.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Got over 20 new athletes on the team. Can't expect success with that kind of turnover. No one else faces that challenge.

4. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Takes years to build a program.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

No one on this team has ever competed for a college championship before.

Ow, ow, ow, too real. I just hurt my own feelings.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Shows how much the east sucks when you have Bama and LSU on the schedule from the west and you dont crack the top 5 in the conference.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

"Do you realize that none of my players has more than 3 years experience? No one is older than 23 years old. You have to temper expectations with that kind of youth."

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Now that he is gone Josh Dobbs is the most essential player ever. Nevermind that we spent half his career trying to make him 3rd or 4th on the depth chart and the other half trying to get him not to do the things at which he excels.

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

They'll just open a new drawer full of excuses. They are all over the Butch's office. Never hurts to have a backup plan.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

"He was a critical player that excelled in the throw game and the run game. Considered the greatest dual threat quarterback of all-time amongst the coaches in my text message group."

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

"coach, are you saying you lost to vandy with the best dual threat of all time?"

"He didn't make his reads. Josh is a real smart kid but he can't read defenses as well as we'd like sometimes."

"Coach, why can't your senior in aeronautical engineering read defenses?"

*purplification initiated

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"We didn't get to red shirt him two years and he didn't get hurt his junior year for the medical we wanted for him. He just wasn't ready."

13. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Relax,enjoy the women's softball season.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

stahp.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Best excuse he has, he can't actually use.