CA Voting Fraud: "Highly Susceptible"

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Anecdotal, but still.

This map looks curiously familiar.
    [​IMG]

So, do we still want to debate that federal voting laws - including a federal voter ID - are not only necessary, but long overdue?

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ation-system-highly-susceptible-to-fraud.html

2. Tenacious D

All of the emphasis in the previous post is mine, and was not included in the original quotes or cited article.

Sorry, I forgot to add that.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why would this not be detected in the voter logs?

4. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

No the feds do not have a constitutional role in micromanaging elections. Motor Voter should be repealed and states banned from issuing DL or IDs to illegal aliens. This is just as bad as sanctuary cities. Again the founders show their wisdom in using the electoral college to prevent large rogue states like California from subverting the vote or having undue influence via the popular vote. Cali was a red state until illegal and legal immigration imported a welfare state dependent class of people and turned it blue. This is instructive to any RINO who wants to give illegals a path to citizenship. They are a democrat voting block and its political suicide/ destruction that will last generations.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, essentially, you favor the electoral college because it fits your personal political desires and allows for disproportionate favor towards those who live in smaller states, as opposed to any interest of fairness or democratic ideals? You are also missing a few components of the purpose of the electoral college, but, aside from this problem, would you still hold this position were it Republicans benefiting from a path to citizenship or is it just relevant when your political ideology is at risk?

6. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I believe in Americanism as created by our founders and framers. You dont like the EC then get the 3/4 of the states to amend the constitution. I believe in individual freedom as the founders understood it. It is liberty not licentiousness. Liberals and libertarians seem to get the two confused.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams

“If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself.”--Alexander Hamilton

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

What ID did our founding fathers require?

8. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Article 1 Section 4
    "The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof..."

9. Unimane

My ability to get, or not get, 3/4ths of the states to amend the constitution has no bearing on my ability to critique its uselessness as an electoral function in modern America. Otherwise, you really didn't answer the questions I posed vis a vis your previous post.

10. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I did answer your question but you appear to need guidance so I will offer the assistance.

I believe in Americanism and individualism as the founders intended. These are my personal political desires.

You are fee to critique all you want but the EC is the law of the land and that you find it useless and outdated is your opinion. It is unlikely that you will be able to convince 38 states to agree with you and therefore you will again find yourself confounded by the wisdom of the founders/framers. They weren't going to hand over the constitution to 50% +1 or let large populated states run roughshod over others. The people were given proportional representation in the House and the States are treated as equal in the Senate.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"new guy" coming out with fire

12. Tenacious D

Let me consult my living document....

Hey-O!

13. Unimane

No, you really didn't answer my questions. You gave me generic platitudes regarding the Founding Fathers instead of addressing your, apparent, lamentations of immigration in California damaging the Republican Party as your primary concerns.

And, no, the EC does not appear to be on the way out, at least not until the Republicans are burned by it the way Democrats have been on a number of occasions. I do like this idea that I am "confounded" because my opinion does not appear likely to occur. I suppose by this token, an criticism of Obamacare must fall under the same logic, as it appears to not be likely to be overturned. Otherwise, the EC fares as an outdated method that relied its existence as much upon the fact that it gave southern states more representation in government despite having a large bloc of non-citizens (see 3/5ths Compromise) as fears of larger states dominating smaller states. There's a lot more complicated questions involved in that discussion, though, than you are suggesting, but the idea that "the people" should not get 1 vote equally among all Americans for a national election is ridiculous and much different than representation in the legislative branch.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

We should start a road show together

15. Tenacious D

You've had several invitations to meet.

Can't fathom that we'd want to jump straight to a road tour, absent that first step.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The stars are aligning this year. Wait and see.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The first time I met Tenny, I went armed.

The second time, I carried a backup.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

A deed.

19. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Ridiculous huh? "Its a republic..." Ben Franklin

As for ObOzOcare well maybe the pubs will put the same bill on the Clowns desk as they did ObOzO. I bet Trumpy signs it if they do. The Rinos arent fooling anyone with the kabuki dance If they are smart and pubs are the stupid party they will repeal it and phase it out giving insurance and customers time to adapt and flesh things out. Then they can go in and make sure that insurance companies arent abusing things.