Per Hubbs, Janzen Dismissed From Team

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JZ1124, Aug 24, 2011.

1. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Do you think he will ever make into the league, or will he just fade away and we see him robbing another stop and rob in the next year or so?

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I understand taking a elite recruit with character flaws. But the number of issues in that one class is amazing.

3. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

It's very odd- typically coach's kids are guys you don't have to worry about.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

This blows. Going to have to have some guys step up. Adjust became even younger as a team.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

This sucks, but if you want to look for a silver lining, this is one less starter to replace in 2012.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Is Waggner seriously our next best option? People are throwing his name out there as the replacement over Moore. That is horrible if true. I like Waggner as a CB, but at Safety, not at all. You know the staff has considered this a real possibility and have been planning on a contingency - but what is that contingency? Do you think Moore can start?

7. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Makes room for a DL prospect too. Plus will give Moore more reps to be ready for next year when we hopefully compete for the East

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

What a shame.

Everyone talks about his NFL aspirations as a certainty. I'm not so sure. Talented, no doubt, but the recidivist pattern can't be overlooked. This guy's more likely to be working with Sab at HH Gregg than he is to be playing in the NFL three years from now.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

10. MacReady

MacReady New Member

Rooted for him because he was a vol but always thought he was a shithead since the robbery crap.

11. Hobock

Hobock New Member

As far as experienced players is concerned, the well is dry. Rod Wilks might get a shot but if you move Waggner back there, true-Frosh Justin Coleman probably starts at CB. That's terrifying.

12. CardinalVol

I'm guessing we're either going with the 4-3 a lot more now or move Brewer to the nickel/hybrid position?

13. volinbham

volinbham Member

As Mike Singletary said

14. CardinalVol

Time for Byron Moore to shape up, and quick.

15. Hobock

Hobock New Member

Obviously, with JJ and Myles, they were coddled and never held accountable for their behavior.

16. Hobock

Hobock New Member

He has all the physical tools. We'll see if he has the brains.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Hearing failed drug test, too.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It may have very well been marijuana - perhaps that's even most likely - but don't automatically assume it.

Recall, the two most recent and high-profile players on The Hill (Aaron Douglas and Eric Ainge) struggled with other substances well beyond marijuana.

Not that it matters, at the end of the day, just offering that.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I doubt it. He'll maybe get a shot, but will probably end up a better version of Demetrice Morley.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if guys got kicked off teams for positive pot tests there wouldn't be many players left in div 1a.