Brian Kelly on Deshone Kizer

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kptvol, Apr 4, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems kind of crappy to me:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ly-deshone-kizer-should-have-stayed-in-school

"Well, he still should be in college. The circumstances are such that you have to make business decisions and he felt like it was in his best interest," Kelly said. "I'm going to support him and his decision. But the reality of it is he needs more football, he needs more time to grow in so many areas. Not just on the field, but off the field."

"He's got to be able to have that attention to detail and that focus. He's got to be smart. He's got to have the ability to grind and a great attitude. He's got those traits, but they've got to be continuously worked on," Kelly said. "Whoever takes DeShone, he's not a finished product in those areas. But when he does get more time to work on those traits, you're got to have a great young man and a great quarterback. The skills are out there. You can see them. You just go to his workout and you can see that he's got those skills. He's just not complete yet."

The guy has been discussed as possibly the best QB in this draft class and Kelly goes out of his way to say he's incomplete? If I were recruiting against him I'd hand the kid quotes from this article with passages underlined. This is Coach Kelly having your back.

2. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

That was my first thought as well. Shitty thing to say and then he follows it up with "but I fully support him" or something

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pete Carroll said similar things about Mark Sanchez when he came out.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's true and you know everyone is already thinking it. Pretty stupid to say it on record to a reporter.

5. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I remember that. It shouldn't be that hard to just say a couple nice things

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, you don't say it

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"He shouldn't be making money for himself, but saving my job." That's all I heard.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'll be honest, I don't recall hearing Kizer's name a single time until all this draft talk. I watched the Texas-ND game, so I guess I saw him then, but that's it. Kind of weird he's getting such high consideration.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He really wasn't that great, Dobbs looked better than him most of the year

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017