Trump begins smackdown on H1-B visa abuse

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by dc4utvols, Apr 4, 2017.

1. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

[​IMG]

"The Trump administration has quietly issued new policy guidance that would make it harder for companies to use the H-1B visa program to bring foreign computer programmers into the U.S.

A policy memo from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services changes the way the agency will process visa applications for computer programming positions, making companies jump through extra hoops to fill those jobs with foreign workers.

"Based on the current version of the Handbook, the fact that a person may be employed as a computer programmer and may use information technology skills and knowledge to help an enterprise achieve its goals in the course of his or her job is not sufficient to establish the position as a specialty occupation," the memo reads.

The memo, which was issued on Friday, was first reported by Axios on Monday.

Companies use the H-1B program to import workers for highly skilled positions that are difficult to fill. The Trump administration, however, has alleged that tech companies and IT outsourcing firms have abused the program to the detriment of American workers."

H1-B visa sham

The Crackdown

Attached Files:

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let me know when he smacks himself. He uses it to avoid paying competitive wages at his resorts.

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Probably part of the golden shower video if you really want to see it

4. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Sure and I didn't vote for the man. You're talking to a Never Trumper at least until 2020.

I can however praise him when I think he is doing the right things. And I will criticize the clown when I think he is screwing up like siding with RINO Ryan on obamacare lite when passing the same bill as they did in 2015 is all that needs to be done for now.

Politics only becomes complicated when the elected official fails to do the right thing out of fear of not being re-elected.

Its as easy as that.