United Airlines has man assaulted and dragged off plane

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Apr 10, 2017.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Saw that this morning. He's a doctor, and had patients to see this morning.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Even better.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Not good. And Delta offers a big thanks to United.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Those first two videos are brutal, and the last video is extremely bizarre.

6. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Hah. I was a Delta victim this weekend. Was supposed to be in a wedding Sunday, cancelled at LaGuardia Friday, but they told me I'd be all set to fly out of Hartford Saturday morning. No such luck.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Overbooking should be illegal.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'd almost choose walking over Delta.

I've never seen more mysterious "mechanical" delays prevent one less-than-capacity flight from leaving out of or arriving into Knoxville...only to have it suddenly be "fixed" when it's time for the very the next flight to depart, and it's a full plane due to the combining of the two flights, than when I used to regularly fly Delta.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

They all do shady stuff because we let corporations dictate the laws "protecting" consumers. United may have been within the law to knock that doc out and drag him off.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've never been bumped from a flight due to overbooking. Can't imagine how angry that would make someone.

11. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I used to volunteer and get another free round trip within a year, but I don't think they really do that anymore.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

only offered $800 and a hotel room. I don't blame him for not taking it

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They better not drag me off mine Friday

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

True. They could have gotten the volunteers but didn't offer enough so they chose to use force.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Delta is paradise next to American, IMO. Well, American from 10 years ago. Haven't flown with them in ages out of hatred.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I guess but tickets would go up if they did--at least that's the company line. I thought they had to kind of do an auction type of deal until they made the pot so sweet that people were willing to do it. I got a free night in a luxury hotel in Miami with a 100 dollar meal card. Of course I was young and footloose and probably wouldn't do it now. But I had the impression that they were going to keep offering more and more until someone jumped at it. I am surprised that they drug someone off.

17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

We're Delta flyers primarily due to location and status, but truth is all of them have their issues. Delta wreaks havoc on my patience occasionally but overall they've been the best (comparatively, in my experience).

18. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've never had any trouble on any airline I've flown so I guess I'm due

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'm not going to say which airline has been the best for me, as I don't want to jinx it.

That said, Allegiant is the ****ing worst and it's not worth saving the extra money on a cheap fair.