Kony 2012

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Mar 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Has taken over the facebook and twitter world. Thoughts? Opinions? If you ask me, a bunch of people are acting like they care just for show. It's not like this problem just started overnight.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it's funny when a bunch of lazy ass hippies think they can change the world by posting silly shit on facebook.

Kony is a piece of shit though.

3. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I've seen this all over FB. Mainly posted by the same type that post "Oregon girl eats 300 buckyballs" or "Post this girl's photo on your page to raise money for the cancer treatment"; so understandably I haven't looked at it. WTF is it?

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Brief version -

Bad rebel dictator
    Kidnaps young boys and makes them serve in his army, kidnaps young girls and makes them sex slaves
    Charity in Englnad went viral with this video promotion yesterday
    Said charity is sketchy and only like 30% of the money actually goes to kids

5. CardinalVol

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Agreed with both counts.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this was my thought. even if all this is true, what is the charity going to do about it?

8. CardinalVol

Hire a hitman?

And isn't he possibly already dead anyway?

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Yes. Yes.

10. CardinalVol

I'm trying to figure out the logic. As it was explained to me...

The video is to raise money to show the government that we've not lost interest so they won't pull our troops out of the area searching for him. I'm having a hard time following that logic.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Even if we hired a hitman and took this dude out, do people really think it will just stop this shit from happening? Someone else would just take over.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are two sides to the story, as well. The current leader of Uganda is actually responsible for more death, but is supported by the US government. The whole thing is a cluster f**k, with both sides committing atrocities.

I'm sure that isn't surprising to hear for anyone familiar with sub-Saharan politics. It is never simple and there is never a "good guy."

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is this one of those places where they think Rambo is a documentary?

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

So the cat that made this vid was recently arrested for being drunk and...........wait for it..................................masturbating in public.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Shouldn't be a crime IMO.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

please tell me you have a link for this... this is Facebook gold.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

On mobile.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

[uck fay].

20. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain