RIP Bill Anderson

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Apr 18, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Man, part of my childhood gone.

RIP sir.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Sucks.

RIP Bill

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Terrible. Obviously growing up in Boston I didn't get to hear a lot of him and John Ward, but I loved that "Give Him Six" video that UT released in the early '90s.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Bill interupting John Ward on his national championship call was all time. Love that guy. RIP.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Never really thought about it, but this got me wondering about John Ward's age. He's 86 or 87 years old. When he passes, one of the last pieces of what I remember being good about Tennessee football will be gone.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was great

8. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

And, he was just as good at basketball. He had a way of interjecting opinion that really gave you a feel of the game. Allan Houston's "M-O-N-E-Y, MONEY! Put it in the bank, Allan Houston."

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He was better at basketball in my book. Constant, high pace description of the action. No color man. You knew exactly where the ball was and who had it all times. You also always knew the score and the time remaining. He used any break in the action to add more description to what had just gone down. He used voice tone and excitement level to tell you just how impressive any given play was.