Apathy has set in...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by 'BoroVol, Apr 19, 2017.

1. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

And it's getting bad. A disappointing 2016 season, lackluster recruiting results, questionable leadership in the Administration and AD.....It's all resulted in a noticeable malaise among some of the fanbase. Personally, I cannot remember being more disinterested in spring practice and the O&W Game. I'm skeptical of everything that comes out of Lyle's mouth. Maybe is been the extended duration of the decline of Tennessee Athletics. Maybe it's the fact that I'm no longer hopeful of reaching the end anytime soon, but I didn't reach this depth of apathy during the Dooley debacle. It seems to be made worse by the sunshine pumper faction, who seem completely blind to the truth as long as it's clad in Pantone 151.

Does anyone else feel it? One things for sure....I'm not likely to ever forgive Lyle for this feeling without a MAJOR turnaround.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't care enough to be apathetic.

3. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

Wow....So much more succinct than my whiney diatribe.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They don't seem to be promoting the spring game. Didn't even realize it was the weekend until today. Wouldn't attend, regardless, but the attendance had been very good recently. Will be interesting to see the turnout Saturday.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A good part of the Dooley era was made exciting by knowing that 2012 was either going to be really fun due to the offensive weapons or the prelude to a new coach, with all signs pointing toward Gruden. Now it seems nobody cares enough to get rid of Butch and if they did, we'd probably get some other Big East nobody, anyway.

6. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

Turnout on Saturday will be a good barometer of things to come. My hope is Butch is mightily embarrassed by the lack of attendance.

7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I hope Tech smokes us in Atlanta and the wheels come off immediately. I hate saying it, but the thought of Butch hanging on after an 8-4 campaign with two crappy losses or a 7-5 season where he manages to beat a highly ranked LSU team makes me sick. With recruiting as bad as it is we need him to be fired after this year.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Best case scenario is that he sucks so bad on the front end that he is gone by the middle of the season. Interim coach, eve Phil I dont give a shit, salvages a toilet bowl and we hire a new coach, not Phil I do give some shits after all, to debut there.

Obviously I want a coach who is good, recruiting, utilitarian, driven, energetic, and nefarious towards our opponents.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've never given a crap about the O&W game tbh but I feel everything you're saying Boro.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Apathy set in around 2011.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Been about two years here

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I'd imagine a good chunk of the posters here feel the same way, but it is probably a decent barometer of the feelings of the sunshine pumping VFL crowd. Between the possible crappy weather and rumors of limited live action due to injuries though, I'd imagine the turnout might be pretty crappy.

13. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

We don't even REALLY have an O&W game anymore anyway. Butch has even ruined that with his sideshow format.

That's it....Everything he touches turns to crap.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Except for crap, which turns to piss.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Brady Hoke came hoping to be interim coach at some point next season IMO.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I am there. In fact, I haven't really even thought about this upcoming season.

Then you have Bill Anderson passing as a reminder of what we once were, and how we once cared. I know some don't care but I've spent every little free moment I have on the campus of ETSU. They have made an attempt at wanting to win, all while making decisions with their fans somewhat in mind... so therefore I reward that with my time and money. At this point in my life, I have no desire to ever step foot in Knoxville for a game. Any sport.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And btw stay around a while Boro.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've got a kid I know pretty well heading to ETSU to play football this fall. I'm looking forward to following their program.

19. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I haven't given a shit in a while... I never really recovered from the Gruden **** up.

I hope myself in an alternative Universe is enjoying seeing him on the sideline.

20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Which is exactly why I'm done giving a shit about UT athletics. If UT doesn't even give a shit about UT athletics I can't fathom why anyone else would.