Browns Three 1st Round Picks

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Apr 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Pick #1 (#1 overall): DE Myles Garrett aTm
    Pick #2 (#25 overall): S Jabril Peppers MI
    Pick #3 (#29 overall): TE David Njoku MIA

First, these three guys may end up in Canton for all that I know.

But if you gave me three (3) picks in the first round, I doubt I'd have come out with this, as they all seem like reaches.

People can talk about Garrett all day long....he's a big name, and is a freakish athlete. Matt Jones was a freakish athlete, too. He isn't even the best DE in this class - and he is an injury-prone player who takes as many plays off as not.

Peppers is a big name...but where does he play in the NFL? He's too small to play LB, but is too terrible in coverage to play S.

Njoku saw his stock rise faster after the season ended than during it. Had lots of draft "buzz". Another big name / freakish athlete. He split time at TE for Miami, and either doesn't like to run block or can't run block...not that you'll ever want to run.

Flashy names and freakish athletes. I bet they each killed it in their interviews.

Sound familiar?

Am I being too biased against the Haslams, here, or does this really just look like so much more of the same bumblingly half-witted shit that theyve been pulling in Knoxville for years?

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

At least the Brown's are reaching on a big name. Ours require a Google search.

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I don't understand why they didn't use one of the first rounders on an offensive lineman instead of Peppers. Kessler got beat to shit last season behind those four beer league players that posed as OL'men.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

To be fair, this was a pretty weak OL class. That said, their were definitely a few linemen who were plenty good enough to warrant being drafted in the late first round.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

They also drafted Deshone Kizer in the second round.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't understand how the draft gurus fell all over themselves for him

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't know either. I watched Notre Dame play a number of times this year and was never impressed.

9. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

They spent most of their FA money on linemen. Now they have Thomas, Bitonio, Zeitler and Tretter who are all really good