Netflix Removes Nye on Gender

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 4, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I wondered if a clash between the scientific community and the current idea of personally selected gender might conflict.

Link: http://freebeacon.com/culture/netfl...-remove-segment-chromosomes-determine-gender/

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

We used to think everything was encoded within the genome, but we now know that isn't true (or at least isn't exactly true). It is clear from the clip that what the girl is discussing sex chromosomes using common vernacular.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd bet there are some other inaccuracies in the show and other similar shows. I guess since the main goal is to educate children it makes sense to do some editing, but at the same time something doesn't feel right. I'd rather just add a disclaimer that the show is 20 years old and may not represent the most up to date scientific information.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm not sure what you mean here.

5. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

What? Chromosomes still determine gender. Exceptions are when that gets screwed up and you end up with extra chromosomes. Thats a bad thing!

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

How many extras did you end up with?

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

8. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

9. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I only have two total. I was obviously not blessed enough to have as many as you Mr Flex.

10. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

And unless you are teaching English class, for the sake of this discussion, sex and gender are the same thing.

Unless you have a genetic problem, you either have balls and a bat or a glove. Balls and bats go to the mens room and gloves in the womens room. In normal situations for the purpose of procreation one sends and the other receives. This is natures way of propagating the species. Other forms do not lead to fertilization.

In cases of deviancy or abnormality, by definition, a small percentage of the population CHOOSE to play the game incorrectly as was designed by nature for secular humanists or by natures God for us normal traditional real Americans.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Weird. The search continues as to why you're so retarded then.

12. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

No. They're different words with different meanings. Simply because you use them in an incorrect context doesn't change that.

13. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Some functions are outside the direct control DNA and are influenced by environment, proteins enzymes etc..

That doesn't help his case. In fact one could say we need to isolate those factors and remove them whenever it leads to abnormal behavior.

So lets look at the arguments.

They were born that way. Ok that leads to DNA but you are born with either XY or XX chromosomes.

Ok then well they felt like they should be the opposite sex from an early age. This is a mental state not in line with the DNA/Chromosomes so that leads to some form of abnormality whether its from a chemical imbalance or environmental influences. Both of those can be dealt with by correcting the environment or through pharmaceutical means.

14. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Its liberals who use it improperly to further their trans-sex-ual agenda. There is no trans-genderism if you want to go down that road.

15. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Of course not. Just like there isn't race. It's a social construct. Thank you for further illustrating your lack of knowledge on the issue.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, you must only have sex when you have intentions of "propagating the species"? I mean, since that's the only purpose for doing it, right?

By the way, I'm curious about these "real Americans" you speak of? I want to get this right, because my interpretations of this concept you state from your previous iterations is that this means people who happen to think and look like yourself, but I wanted to get that right before I make that determination for certain.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Supposed to have 46.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What exactly is the "trans sexual agenda?"

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Trying to steal all the chromosomes.

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain