#FireColbert

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, May 7, 2017.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Colbert has long passed trying to be a Comedian when it comes to Trump. For him it is personal; he uses his platform to launch insults under the gist of comedy.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Because it is personal means it is no longer Comedy? I don't understand your assertion here.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

"...the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin's **** holster."

Nope; not Comedy.

[our sites filters even censored it]

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

No. You should read what I wrote again, this time with an eye towards understanding it. I believe I suggested the PC police ignore statements by those they like, such as Maher, while vilifying the speech of those they don't. This makes Maher specifically not police.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is that a micro aggression? I don't know what those are, despite my alleged protesting of them. Is this an example? Or is it just a travel recommendation?

6. cpninja

cpninja Member

“Sir, you attract more skinheads than free Rogaine, You have more people marching against you than cancer. You talk like a sign language gorilla who got hit in the head. In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s **** holster.”

That's comedy. Does it end in an overly vulgar(at least by TV standards) personal attack? Sure, but comedy doesnt have to be nice and clean to still be comedy.

7. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I miss the old IP, the one that used to at least at times use some common sense. The progressive virus has destroyed the host. Complete SJW now.

8. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I thought the Colbert rant was funny. I also enjoy the right exposing the hypocrisy of the left and holding them to their own standards.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

:hi:

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd hold off another month for the offseason rates.

11. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Freedom. People should try it.

12. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Inappropriate for a discussion board means not comedy? Where have you been?

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't really see how it's funny. Not because it's offensive. It just isn't funny. It's not a joke.

More skinheads than Rogaine is a joke. You suck [penis] is just an insult.

14. NashVol11

[penis] holster is kinda funny.

15. NashVol11

Or I guess **** holster

16. NashVol11

I do think it's kinda out of place, though. I guess I think of comedians' role differently when they're on those national Late Show/Tonight Show type deals, and expect them to be generally sterile/neutral/family-friendly, but I'm not sure whether that's a fair expectation.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I thought that when I heard it the first time fifteen years ago. It's on the same level as asshole or ******** at this point.

18. NashVol11

More of a "c*m dumpster" level IMHO

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017
  19. NashVol11

I agree though, not very funny. But preparing for an anti-Trump audience, I'm sure it was intended to get a laugh

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Bingo. And this wasn't said at the Laugh Factory. National TV. There is a difference there as well.

Last edited: May 8, 2017