FBI Investigating Auburn...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NYY, Mar 9, 2012.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And suspended PG Varez Ward for a possible point shaving scenario. Investigation began in late February after losses to Alabama and Arkansas.

What say ye?

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Is Auburn even good enough to point shave?

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Forget about the 250k cash purchase of a heisman trophy and national championship winning qb....let's focus on the point guard of a team losing 70% of its conference games.

4. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

This is the type of slap in the face I thought was reserved solely for tennessee athletic programs.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Any action that would take any potential money from the pockets of the AA will be dealt with in a swift and harsh manner.........however, if you are lining those pockets with benjamins, we can look the other way.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

That appears to be the message.

9. cotton

I'm no defender of the NCAA as an organization, but point shaving is really bad. They have to bring the hammer.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, but looking the other way on things that are equally damaging to the integrity of the game is pretty pathetic.

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

That's the way I'm looking at it IP.

12. cotton

Not sure what things you mean, but throwing games or shaving points is, to me, much more damaging to the integrity than recruiting issues, amateurism issues, the student-athlete debate, or substance abuse.