Reggie Miller or Peyton Manning?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by volfanjo, Mar 9, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

GT's thread got me to thinking. Indiana is a basketball-crazed state. The Colts were newcomers to the scene compared to the Pacers. Did Manning supplant even Reggie Miller as Indianapolis' golden boy? Reggie didn't win a championship but that guy was royalty there. Does anyone know if there is a Reggie/Peyton debate for biggest star? Maybe since they are different sports no one cares. [MENTION=149]IndyVol[/MENTION], you got any thoughts?

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

As a Knicks fan, I wouldnt piss on Reggie Miller if he were on fire.....which he was many times in the postseason vs the Knicks. I think Peyton is the King of Indy and will always be.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I'd think Manning, easily.

4. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Gotta think Peyton. Won a championship, was better at what he did than Reggie was at what he did, and so on.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'd say Peyton just because of the sport. It's hard for me to comment because i have never been a big bball fan and was never really a Pacers fan. Plus Reggie in his prime was a little before my time anyway. I think Peyton did a lot more for the city. Wasn't Lucas Oil built based off of the success brought by Peyton? Then the new stadium brought the Super Bowl, which i felt like Indianapolis handled VERY well. I just think he did more for the city and was more dominant in the more popular sport.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

That 30 for 30 may have covered the least amount of material and it was still so entertaining.

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

As a teenager, I wanted to cause Reggie Miller bodily harm. He was such a jack ass that slit the throat of the Knicks and was like the kid that knows you cant touch him because the teacher is watching and he still taunts the shit out of you.