UT currently #7 in 2018 recruiting

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by dc4utvols, Jun 21, 2017.

1. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Alabama is 57th, so that must not mean a whole lot right now.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

also 57th in Barack Obama's Favorite State rankings

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is critical to supply your own critical thinking in DC4UT's threads. If thoughts were food, he's serving it up raw and possibly contaminated. You gotta process it yourself.

5. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

LOL..all I stated was a fact. One I knew would confound the legion of the miserable. Cant have any good news about UT football.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well, it depends on the service.

ESPN has Tennessee 8th

24/7 composite has Tennessee 9th

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, it's a fact. Individual facts can be misleading. And in in your case, often intentionally so. The fact that Alabama is not in the top 50, and the fact that many of the available players are not committed anywhere yet, are left out. Start a thread about UT being undefeated right now, next.

8. cpninja

cpninja Member

Slow your roll buddy. We're also winless. Hard to get a W with all this negativity. But Butch is ready to right that ship sometime in the next 10-18 weeks just to spite the haters, believe me.

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Off to a good start for sure.

10. chef66

chef66 New Member

The unfortunate reality is that our method of signing players primarily from high school will never produce the results we want. Until the NCAA allows athletes to stay in school for 40 years, we'll never have the experience necessary to win.

It would behoove Butch to start looking elsewhere for personnel. The first place I'd check would be the Piccadilly cafe.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Best start he's had since he's been here, except maybe year 1

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

It'll be interesting to see if it sticks if we get off to a rough start to the season. I realize alot of these are TN kids and it may not matter much with some of them.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wait does dc think butch is doing a good job?

[​IMG]

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm sure it is like how he described his feelings on Fulmer. I'm guessing he will support him right up until he is leaving then say "it was time" and he knew it all along.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Screw politics. Let's get some good butch arguing here. It's been forever since anyone had the balls to defend the man

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's indefensible

17. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

It takes 7 years to build an SEC program. He's right on track.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Perpetually 3 years away from significant achievement. Amazing.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch is a carnival barker. If he were smart enough to hire say, Lincoln Riley out of ECU a few years ago instead of DeBord, he'd have the guy who made Baker Mayfield a star at Oklahoma, the past two years may have been a lot different.

Or Matt Canada this year to be oc/qb coach, but he hired Canales and promoted Scott. That may bite him on the ass.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, he's had every opportunity to bring in better coaches. He clearly doesn't think it is important.