NIT Seeding Looks Promising.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Mar 10, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Both sites I'm aware of that do reasonably accurate NIT projections have UT as a Number 1 seed.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Would that mean UT stays at home until the semis?

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Does the NIT have a nickname yet? How about March Irritability?

4. hatvol96

Yes. They would be three home wins from the Garden.

5. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

There are worse places to be spending March.

6. hatvol96

Making the NIT should never be the goal at a school like UT. However, once you're in it, there's no reason to waste the opportunity.

7. I was always fond of "Not In Tournament", mostly to make fun of other teams.

8. hatvol96

Bracket Project now has UT listed as a 2 seed. Their #7s are UCLA, Northern Iowa, Pittsburgh, and LaSalle. I could get interested in heading over to TBA to see any of those four opponents.

9. UT2012

UT2012 New Member

I know it's probably not going to happen, but I would thoroughly enjoy the uproar that would be caused by the committee picking us as the final at large team, in addition to the other obvious benefits. No, we don't deserve it, but with the way we played since Stokes arrived, finishing second in the conference, etc, I don't think it's utterly impossible.

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Bracketville has us as a #13 in the NCAA?

What.....

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I guess March Sadness would work too.

12. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

[MENTION=15]hatvol96[/MENTION], which sites do you use? The ones I see are flipping Tennessee between a one and a two, but what really bothers me is that the only team from the CAA that might make it is Drexel assuming they get left out of the Dance. Seems ridiculous to me.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I'd flip my shit, but there is no way.

14. hatvol96

Bracket Project and nitology.com.

15. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

NIT = yawn