Has anyone ever dealt with a hernia before?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Mar 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I apparently have the beginnings of one

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've never had one, but if you dress sexy and bring a bottle of wine I can check you for one.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Is Merlot ok with you?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Fabulous.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Tenny gonna be jealous.

How much weight were you doin lys?

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sets of 10 doing 235. I didn't feel like it was anything strenuous.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No shit. Would check for little more than coy look.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Had an umbilical hernia. Ripped it lifting some huge pane's of glass at a glass factory. Had a summer job there during college years. My advice is to go ahead and get it fixed. No sense in dealing with that pain when you can take care of it fairly simply. The surgery isn't that bad. Same day operation. I was walking around the mall with some buddies 10 hrs after surgery. I got up the next morning and coached football practice. I demonstrated long snapping during that practice.

I know, I am a walking medical nightmare......Lyls on a scale of 1-10 on the pain scale, that surgery was a 4 for me. Good luck. Again, don't sit around in pain. Get it fixed.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Let's see a 4 for you or me is about a 7-8 for most others. I have an umbrelical hernia too, my wife beat the shit out of me with her umbrella.

10. JayVols

I lol'd. Nice play RB. We are a couple of tough sum[itch bay]es ain't we? It's the mountain man DNA in us I guess.....

I've had two laminectomies/discectomies (surgical repair of herniated discs). Those were 6-7 on the pain scale. If you want to talk real pain, my many kidney stones rank at about a 19 3/4 on a scale of 10. On a couple of them, I truly wanted to die. I begged my wife to get my .45 out and put a bullet in my head. I was serious........

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I recommend doing some vag stretches first from now on.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Labial lunges?

Clitoral calisthenics?

13. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I had a hernia when I was 4 years old, all I remember was that the Nuns in the hospital had what looked like Cowboy hats on.

14. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I've got that umbilical hernia..............doctor advised me that if I wanted to lose weight it would make it easier on me. Well, from my other thread you know I'm working on the weight loss. I figure by this winter I'll be ready to get that out of the way. It doesn't hurt me very much and now that I've taken nearly 20 pounds off its bothering me less and less. I just can't lift anything overly heavy.

15. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Mine doesn't hurt unless I have to bend over for an extended time or press on it, so I don't press on it. It just looks ugly protruding out as it does. I have decided when it becomes more extended than my penis I will do something about it. Not much farther to go.

16. JayVols

You got the dickiedoo disease too?

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Yep, plus Dunlap disease.

18. JayVols

Unfortunately, when one of these diseases hit, the other is surely to follow. We need to start a non-profit to raise awareness.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Might be going under the knife. Jay, did you have the mesh surgery?

20. JayVols

Yep. Best wishes if you do. It was really a minor inconvenience for me. Waking up the morning after was the worst part. I was pretty sore until I got up and started moving around. After a few minutes, I was good to go.