Butch at SEC Media Days

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jul 10, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

On last season: "We don't view it as a disappointment, we view it as not accomplishing what we sat out to do"

Kendall Vickers: "Last season was a disappointment"

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Poor Vickers doesn't understand the Tennessee definition of disappointment. The university has failed him.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That is the definition of a disappointment you carnival barking,used car selling, excuse factory of a waste of office space.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

We didn't fail, we just didn't succeed.

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Sounds like my former boss. "Never tell the customer you screwed up, when in reality, you screwed up."

6. BigOrangeBeech

Guys all is well...

we are 1 of only 3 teams to win 9 games 2 seasons in a row.

We've gone to 3 consecutive bowl games for the first time in 20 years

And we just put a slew of guys in the NFL

7. BigOrangeBeech

"The back half of our schedule was tougher than the front half"

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And booger point blank predicted a disaster this season.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Atlanta radio was making fun of him today. A host was egging on the other host who will be interviewing Butch to ask about Championships of Life and 5 Star Hearts (i.e., When losing to Vanderbilt were you concerned that they had taken Lifes Championship from you?)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  10. BigOrangeBeech

The volnation idiots have a point though, Booger has been wrong the last 2 years on predicting Tennessee's season.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Doesn't even make me mad anymore.

12. CardinalVol

Credit where due.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ha, yeah he bet on Butch actually being a football coach and not a carnival barker. I bet he's not wrong 3 years in a row

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Evidently Booger is one of the guys the SEC network sent to hang out with UT for a few days during Spring practice.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Booger is well liked and respected among coaches and players. He's going to get honest opinions from everyone

16. CardinalVol

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Definitely, and the VN crowd that doesn't buy his expertise needs to remember that he has seen more of these guys than the rest of us and he played about a zillion years of football. He ought to be pretty savvy when it comes to picking out who can play.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Listening to an interview with Derek Mason on drive in this morning made me a little jealous. Oh sure, the coach speak was there, including at least one acronym, but at least he had the balls to say that they were getting better and that people should expect more out of them this season. He was even offered an excuse up as a softball question and replied that he had been replacing people since he got there.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wish he didn't say "win an East Championship" so many times. No such thing exists. Winning the division just means you had the best conference record of the seven teams on your half of the map. It's not a championship and pretty pathetic that winning the division (which is terrible) is evidently the insanely low set bar that Butch cannot exceed. But you know if Jones did stumble backward into winning the division that he'd be bringing up his East Championship in every sentence, though.

20. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

i hope booger is right and that the season IS abysmal.

it'll just put jones out to pasture sooner rather than later.