How President Trump's Presidency Ends

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jul 13, 2017.

?

How does Trump's First Term end?

1. He is impeached and removed

3.7%
  2. He resigns from office

18.5%
  3. He runs for reeelction and loses

29.6%
  4. He does not seek reelection

18.5%
  5. He runs in 2020 and is reelected

25.9%
  6. Appoints Butch Jones as his closest adviser, US is later split between Canada and Mexico

3.7%
  1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm not sure that we'll ever reach a reasonable consensus on Trump, and most particulalrly as it involves the whole Russia / Comey / Mueller Investigation / "everything" / "anything", so let's just skip to the end game, instead.

When does President Trump's term end, and how?

You can only vote once, and the poll will show how each voted.

You can perfectly explain the basis for your vote, or give none at all.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He resigns.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

"health issues"

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

As in resigns, citing them

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Disappointed there is no "Power brokers have him assissinated so Pence can take over and do their bidding" option.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

On what principle or issue is he going against big money interests? I know of none.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This was more of a joke than anything. Just read a couple of articles that Pence has been wining and dining some big donors at the VP residence recently.

Add to that the almost weekly statement that Pence and Trump do get along and that Pence seems much more likely to be a "yessir" guy to powers that be than Trump, and there you go.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I read that pence has been careful to keep separation on the Russia stuff. But that's probably just smart for the country's sake in case he does get called up to the big chair.

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I feel like I'd rather see Trump go 8 than to see Mike Pence anywhere near the Oval Office chair. Especially with Bannon lurking.

10. Tenacious D

Don't forget to vote. No need to be coy.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Pence would be a complete lame-duck anti-Ford. He would stand zero chance of getting elected the next cycle, not to mention no ability to get anything done other than pardon all of the Trump family.

Not to mention, he may end up Agnew'ing this whole thing and not survive it.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  12. Tenacious D

Kudos.

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I can't vote on mobile for some reason. I'm torn between runs and loses and runs and is reelected.

The democrats have shown me nothing as of yet in terms of policy that lead me to think they can win elections. OPPOSE or RESIST isn't going to win elections.

Perhaps the same optimism that keeps me a UT fan (so far), I'm going with runs and loses.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

On mobile, so can't vote. But I say resignation.

15. JayVols

You see Pence's spokesman stepping on his tongue when asked if Pence had met w/Russians during campaign on Bill Hemmer's Fox show yesterday?

16. Tenacious D

Go to desktop page, at bottom select "8thMaxim" as style.

I never use the mobile styles.

17. JayVols

Voted. Thanks.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I said he loses the 2020 election. His 2016 win was pretty fortuitous, as he had the benefit of a horribly run campaign by his opponent who garnered a distinct, hardened opposition and still would've likely lost had the election been held a week before election day and no Comey letter been released. He was not well liked during the election cycle, is even less liked now as president and shows no signs of his approval rating going up beyond his hard core set of believers. On top of this, he now has a scandal that won't go away, a pointless and endless war with the media and shown little in terms of being able to accomplish his campaign promises, or much of anything else, despite having his party in charge of Congress. He also can't run as the "outsider", anymore.

If the Democrats nominate someone with a fair amount of charisma without alienating a major portion of the party in the process and actually runs on something more than just being Not Trump, then Trump is likely to lose.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Edwards/Weiner ticket doesn't intrigue you? How about Clinton/Clinton mother-daughter ticket? Pelosi/waters? You don't think any of these can win?

Well dont you dare suggest that leadership should change.

Kaine sent me an email wanting donations. I told him I would donate when they had a platform with policy goals instead of fear rhetoric, and new voices in leadership. I told him "we aren't the GOP" is not a meaningful message for developing the future.

No more emails!

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, 2016 promises must be kept for him to do well in 2020. Blaming dems won't fly for all but the most oblivious.