Const. Amend. to Overturn Citizen's United Re-Introduced

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Jul 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

By Rep. Adam Schiff.

I know I'll be in the minority, but I wholeheartedly support this. Dark and/or foreign money don't belong in our elections from ANY source in support of Dems, Reps or Independents. No corporate money. No union money. No foreign money. I think this is this is the only way to even begin to take back our govt (of the people, by the people and for the people) from special interest cash spigots flowing freely for candidates on the left, right and/or anything in between.

It will die like it always does, but one can hope, I guess.

https://schiff.house.gov/news/press...t-permitting-regulation-of-campaign-spending-

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lol, the minority? Most citizens don't like it. Politicians love it.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would like to see corporate money get removed from the whole thing. But I don't believe corporations are people, either, but I know many do and even the courts may have ruled so at one point.

4. JayVols

I'm just used to it here. Habit.

5. JayVols

Courts have, but they also have ruled slavery is legal before. Only a Const. Amend. will overturn it.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, this place really dogs liberals. I don't see how you survive.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Exactly. Their interpretation may be law, but that doesn't mean they are correct.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

This post may need to be edited. Don't want you getting on a list.

9. JayVols

You STILL mad?

Minority does not equate to getting dogged.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Mad?

11. JayVols

mad-

adj
    1.very angry

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hate it

13. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Many times people donate to organizations to support a cause, group or candidate. They form corporations to do it. You would be throwing out the Sierra Club ( on the left) and the NRA ( on the right) among others. I dont have a problem with unions as long as the members voluntarily agree to it and those that dont have their money sequestered from the activity or given to their preferred candidates. Money is required to get ones message out and heard. I cant buy air time with my $25 dollar donation but when I gave it to the swift boat veterans they were able to speak for me. This is why SCOTUS was correct in their ruling because it fosters redress and upholds association/assembly.

14. JayVols

Get. Rid. Of. Them. All.

Sierra, NRA, AFL-CIO, Kochs, PETA, Addleson, Teamsters, Coal/Gas Industry, Nat. Education Assoc, Grover Norquist's bunch.....ALL.

15. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Sorry I want to join groups that hold similar points of views as I do, donate to them and have them act on my behalf. That really is the ONLY way a little guy has a voice. LOL you mentioned the Kochs. Their voice would be multiplied when you shut down groups. Not many have their kind of money and even if you banned corps you could never ban individuals without becoming a venezuelan style dictatorship. People really and I mean REALLY need to thing before they monkey with the first amendment just because they hate business and the rich. They will be the last to be hurt. You would be cutting your own d*ck off to spite your wife. She would just move on to someone else and well you would be screwed.

16. JayVols

If you're too lazy to act on your own behalf, that's on you.

17. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

LOL thats not an argument. I can be the hardest working SOB on the planet and it still wont by me a national tv spot or fund someone to lobby my position.

MONEY is SPEECH always has been and always will be.