A Call To Action For The 8TH And All Other UT Sites.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Mar 11, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm sure many among us are not overly thrilled about the NIT. However, there is a way to make this a positive experience. Tickets for the Savannah State game are ten dollars and seating is general admission. Here's my idea. This is a wonderful opportunity to get some young folks who might not normally be in a position to take in a UT game from the good seats into the building for a night of hoops. My proposal is simple. Each member of the UT cyber community who is in a position to do so should buy a couple of tickets and donate them to a group like the Boys and Girls Club or Big Brothers/Big Sisters. Watching UT play Savannah State on a Tuesday night may not seem like a big deal to those of us who are fortunate enough to attend regularly, but I bet it would be pretty special to some young folks who rarely, if ever, get to see the Big Orange live. Just a thought.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I like this idea. Is there a way to purchase and donate online if we are far from Knoxville?

3. hatvol96

It would probably require a call to both the UT ticket office and the Boys and Girls Club, but I know you can buy tickets and tell UT's will call that someone else will be picking them up. I'm certain the ticket office would be glad to help. They'll be desperately trying to move tickets for this one.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hmm okay i will look into it.

Also, do you mind if i post this on toos, assuming it hasn't already been posted? I won't put your name or anything, I'll just say another poster posted it else ware.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Great idea.

6. hatvol96

I don't mind at all. You are wise not to attach my name to it. That would get it deleted in 2.3 seconds over there.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't doubt it. "Good cause? Who gives a shit? torch it because hatvol posted it." They're so stupid over there, but the idea will still reach a lot more people now that it is posted over there. In the end, that's what's important.

8. hatvol96

Absolutely.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Let me know if you guys figure anything out. I'd be up for throwing a few bucks around.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I have a friend at big bro big sis. I can call him today and see what w e could do.

Let me know.

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Let me know, the wife loves doing stuff like this........and I do too. Perhaps you should see if Tenny D would be willing to throw in some free 8th maxim shirts to make the kids wear at the game........I smell huge membership drive

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Let me know the logistics.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

lol at kids promoting this site.

15. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Then afterwards, we can take them all out for ice cream and a trip to the strip club

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

nothing beats the feeling of starting a kid down the right path in life!

17. fun2bow

fun2bow New Member

Maybe someone can post the logistics so we can do this. Maybe if enough donate as 8th Maxim it will get some mention.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

And a tax write-off, [MENTION=19]CardinalVol[/MENTION]?

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If you give it to a 501(c)(3), yessir.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

this will have to move pretty quickly. Is anyone on it?