North Korea

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Aug 9, 2017.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I would avoid painting all Asian cultures as one shade.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

kinda thought that was a hell of a paint roller as well.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

[​IMG]

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

The ROK could wipe out Kim in a week if they closed the golf courses and turkey farms. The issue is less China and more taking ownership of what will likely be the largest humanitarian crisis since the second world war.

Funny story about asian cultures and saving face, I whacked a guy for about 3 grand in a poker game at Foxwoods where I had flopped quad Queens and slow played.

I check raised him and he was insulted so we went back and forth to the point where I sent my girlfriend to the ATM with both my cards to withdraw as much as she could.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I believe the proper term is oriental.

6. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

They are similar but not the exact same thing because of cultural context..

7. CardinalVol

Just spitballing options, but would just point blank assassination of Kim be the "easiest" route if we get to that point?

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Chinaman isn't the preferred nomenclature?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

isn't he a puppet though?

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I thought he had any potential challengers killed (including family) to secure his power. take him out. It is not like we don't have a history of trying to assassinate leaders (i.e., Castro, Gaddafi, etc.)

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, it is my impression that Un is in power. Hell, he even had his brother assassinated recently.

12. CardinalVol

I just don't know the answer. I think the guy is a power crazed maniac that truly thinks he can get away with trying something.

But if we do go in, there can be no letting up, otherwise Seoul is done for.

13. CardinalVol

Of course we could tell china that if he fires one at us then we'll let them in on the fun and shoot one aimed square at downtown bejing.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

China also has their own troubles with India right now.

15. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

China's statement was qualified with an "and try to remove Un." We definitely need clarification on that. If the "and" truly is a qualifier then we have a green light. If not then we have to goad Un into the first move.

As for India yeah I wonder how much foreign aid we could give them to park enough troops on the border to keep China occupied.

16. NorrisAlan

I just don't understand how, in the 21st century, two giant powers like Inida and China cannot just get along without war talk.

I can understand a small nation like NK that has been so isolated for the last 70 years, but power nations? Just get along.

17. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Yeah I just dont understand it?

I know, we could have Meditation Fest. Get all the leaders, political and spiritual, together. Invite RHCP and other Bonnaroo alumni. They could have catered vegan while the bands rock out. Later in the evening they can come together in an ecumenical effort to meditate.

I will handle the T-Shirt sales with a teespring campaign.

Oh can Falun Gong be invited? It only seems fair. In fact they should lead the thing.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  18. NorrisAlan

Jesus would prefer it. Because he was all for peace and love, himself.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  19. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Meh, He wasnt much on ecumenicalism. Something about being the "only way." Then I doubt He engaged in meditation like the eastern religions do. Quiet prayer to the Father isn't exactly the same.

Plus in the end He comes back and lays waste to His enemies with their blood creating a river as high as a horses bridle.

"He is trampling out the vintage
    where the grapes of wrath are stored,
    He hath loosed the fateful lightning
    of His terrible swift sword
    -Battle Hymn of the Republic.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

There's hope for you yet, Norris.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk