North Korea

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Aug 9, 2017.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Since you seem to know everything about, well everything, you probably already know this is a train wreck of a response.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

2. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

We live in the day and age of train wrecks my friend.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just wanted to say I had changed my original response to you from the one you quoted as I thought it was too snarky.

I don't want to put words in your mouth, so I will ask a question: are you saying that you have no desire for world peace and relish in conflict or do you think it is just an impossibility and should thus be ridiculed as pie-in-the-sky thinking? How much of this world view is based on your belief in God and prophecies relating to the end of the world?

4. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I like snarky and liked your original response.

I firmly believe that world peace can NOT happen until Jesus Christ sets upon His throne in the New Jerusalem. Until that time I believe in peace through strength and if war should come to use the total war tactics of Sherman and our leaders of WW2. I do not believe in nation building as I feel the Marshall Plan was a historical aberration and one that occurred in the context of modern western culture.

"If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself."- Federalist 51

Man is fallen. But if he can not be trusted to rule over himself how can he be trusted to rule over others.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Damn Middle Eastern fanatics.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I liked OE better when he was OE.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I like to think of Jesus as the lead singer of Lynyrd Skynyrd with giant angel wings with an angel band and I'm in the front row hammered drunk.

8. NorrisAlan

Free Bird!!!!

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'll say it, as a fellow middle eastern fanatic with a little more humility. It would be great, but it ain't gonna happen. Humans are gonna human. It might look a little different than it did in 1291 but "there is nothing new under the sun."

I don't believe we shouldn't try to achieve it, though, however that might be done.

10. NorrisAlan

Apparently Trump also mentioned a military option for...Venezuela.

11. NorrisAlan

Intellectually I know this. It just seems we should be moving toward peace faster than we are.

12. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Is that the Pat Robertson option? Revised for Maduro since Chavez has been worm food for some time now.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Seems like the Vols shouldn't suck so much either. Seems like...

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

SEOUL—North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has decided not to launch a threatened missile attack on Guam, Pyongyang’s state media reported on Tuesday, but warned that he could change his mind “if the Yankees persist in their extremely dangerous reckless actions.”

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Secretary of Defense James Mattis issued a strong warning to North Korea Monday: "If they shoot at the United States, I'm assuming they've hit the United States. ... If they do that, then it's game on."

"You don't shoot at people in this world unless you want to bear the consequences," Mattis told reporters at the Pentagon.

Soon after Mattis issued his warning, state-run North Korean media outlet KCNA reported that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un had inspected his military's plan to launch missiles at Guam and discussed the possibility of a strike with his top commanders.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Whew, that was close. I was extremely scared that he would launch missiles at Guam

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Sounds like all it really is with him is that he's tired of Chapman blowing saves.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Contrary to Trump’s threat of fire and fury, Bannon said: “There’s no military solution [to North Korea’s nuclear threats], forget it. Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.” Bannon went on to describe his battle inside the administration to take a harder line on China trade, and not to fall into a trap of wishful thinking in which complaints against China’s trade practices now had to take a backseat to the hope that China, as honest broker, would help restrain Kim.

http://prospect.org/article/steve-bannon-unrepentant

19. NorrisAlan

And Seoul is the real rub when dealing with NK, and always has been.