Our Defense

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Aug 22, 2017.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Is going to kick ass this year and save Butch's job. The Shoop hire is going to pay off.

We start the year 6-0.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I think you're underestimating the Butch-factor.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People are highly optimistic about the defense. The secondary has about 10 guys that could start and the dline looks good to great every day.

Linebackers still scare the shit out of me though, outside Kirkland.

4. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

At least with the linebackers we have a bunch of guys that have played a lot and you have some talented young players like Ignont and Bituli

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm so tired of getting crushed every year.

7. NorrisAlan

Yep. Wake me when we are 11-1 and in the SEC Championship game. Otherwise I will be busy.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I purposely burned my eyeballs yesterday so I don't have to watch UT football anymore. That's how little I care now.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

we are a couple plays away from seeing Jumper and McDowell trying to make plays and watching the opposing team creating a mismatch with ease. Ignont will remind you of the good ole days of our lb's when he gets on the field, vs what we saw last year with lbs grabbing a runner 4 yards downfield with zero penetration or ability to read and make a play. I'll also say I realize Kirkland has been injured and had to play early but I haven't seen what everybody talks about with him. He's not a Wilson or Raynoch. Not sure who to compare him to right now, but he needs a big year.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like we've been hearing about the talented young guys every year. Kirkland has been the only one that can play.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

There is some talk now that LB might be a strength. A lot of athleticism.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And no coaching and Jumper in the 3 deep

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

We will know if they suck in game 1. Option football murders mediocre linebackers

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The bodies are there to be good at lb, they just look uncoached

15. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

What is Tommy Thigpen good for? We know he pisses the momma's off.

16. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I liked what I saw from Bituli.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

they look slow to see something and scared to make a mistake to me, which makes them get blocked easier or make a mistake anyway. Never seen our lbs let blocks get on them and get pushed back as easy as recently. Only JRM seemed to see something and disrupt it.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

JRM could probably have been put at about any position and been pretty decent. Jennings, too.

20. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Do y'all realize Evan Berry and Elliot Berry are the same exact size? If Evan can't crack the rotation at safety why not outside linebacker? Still would rather have him on offense.