Episode 121: Rogue Hype One

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Aug 23, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

[youtube]J3JdF72Youk[/youtube]

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

[youtube]APnSS9IRQDU[/youtube]

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

[youtube]d22GAMENX1s[/youtube]

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

That last one really makes me wonder how the hell we didn't win 10 games last season. What a waste.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

10 should have been bare minimum. That's just beating Vandy, SC, and losing the bowl game. The schedule was pathetic and we still couldn't handle it.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I cannot even bring myself to watch them. I care so little about this upcoming season.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just watch one, Norris. Drink deep of this orange flavor aide. I watched the first one and I received a desire to watch vols football... I know it's wrong and I am gonna get disappointed, but by God I can finally watch college football again guilt-free on Saturdays.

8. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I'm able to maintain apathy until kickoff of the first game. Even though I've seen the movie, I hope for a different outcome, hope for the team to bring honor once again to the kingdom.

Then Butch commits his first unpardonable act of stupidity and my heart fills again with indifference. I'm able to somewhat enjoy "big" wins like last year (UF and UGA), but I know they will be rendered void by a defeat at the hands of a hill tribe.

The final nail in the coffin is my yearly realization that Alabama exists.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Vandy and scar negated Georgia and Florida for me.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Why the dread. If its inevitable, so be it. I don't watch hype videos though. Just never really wanted to watch them. Everybody gets hyped and half the teams lose each week. As frustrating as its been at times the last couple of years, I was out of my seat more, was entertained and saw us put up some points for a change with some dynamic playmakers, which also helps me look forward to watching the Saints, steelers and Eagles this year to watch a couple Vols. Saw my 10 yr old, who has been turning off the tv or pulling his hoodie over his head in the stadium since he was 3 about as mad as a kid can get and asking me why I even liked the "stupid team in orange" since he was 4, drop to the floor with the hail mary and crying from emotion.
    We've come a long way in the last decade. We aint there and it appears Butch won't get us there, but it really isn't that bad fellas. Nobody here looks forward to watching us play?

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am sure there are plenty that do.

I do not. I don't care. UT has beat it out of me, and at 47 I don't have time to waste watching shit. I am really not bitter, I actually don't care. Which is more damning that if I were angry.

12. Ssmiff

same age as me. 0-6 my freshman year, which luckily I missed 2 games due to alcohol poisoning after never having a drink before college. We've been drug thru it for sure. To each his own. I love the game and love to watch kids make plays. Losses always suck and I usually take a walk and get rid of it.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not really dread, just not overly excited either. Usually by this point I am busting at the seams with excitement. I'm looking forward to it because it's football, but it's definitely not the same.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This. I'd add that, in my case, it's not all Butch's fault. The foundation for my apathy got started well before he arrived. He laid a few bricks, and has definitely overseen the curing of the mortar, but he's not the original architect or builder.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

How could it not?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Unlike these others, I'm pretty manic. My girlfriend dreads this time of year. I get super excited, happy, angry, and depressed. It's not healthy, but it is just how I am. I can't just watch, and I can't not watch entirely.

I'm cool with losses when I feel we are improving and playing smart and hard. I am not cool when the game is taken out of players hands by coaching, and when players are nor being put in positions to succeed (which encompasses recruiting).

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep.

I'm excited to watch football in general, but Tennessee games have become anger inducing, not exciting.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Also, with the boy having games on Saturday morning, UT has been relegated to the #2 ranking on Saturdays.

19. Ssmiff

That Has a lot to do with me not getting so emotional too. We will have kids games thurs-sun and as I try to stay quiet in the stands, I'm an emotional wreck inside.

20. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Have you met JayVols yet?