How do i know

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What the length of my ban on toos is? I'm assuming it's permanent since they didn't answer my email, but is there a way to know for sure?

2. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

It should say on the notice you get when you try to post.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I tried and got this.

Indianavol4eva, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post a new thread in the Tennessee Vols Forum please be sure you have at least 100 posts and have had that many for at least the last hour. Those are the minimum guidelines to start a new thread in that particular forum.
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    If you don't believe any of these apply, please use the 'contact us' link at the bottom of the page and we will be happy to help

4. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

nm

Attached Files:

5. WM

WM Active Member

Why did you get banned?

6. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

This is what mine looks like.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

tried posting a second thread about the fundraising for the game tomorrow. I guess it's against VN rules to try to help people donate to a good cause. Oh well. Guess I'm 100% 8th maxim now. I will miss some of those guys in the zone though.

i think im perma.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretty sure most of our's said "never," so consider yourself blessed Ron.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don't think too may here mind what it says.

It's almost a badge of pride, the more you talk to people.

As to your question, Indy - I'd email Freak. He usually answers, just give him a day or so.

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I have sent Freak 3 emails as to why I was banned and still no response. Im telling you, they monitor this site heavily. They have to, otherwise, they would not have known that Indy was just reposting Hat's idea over there.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

does the "contact us" button go directly to him? because that is what i used and have not received a response. In the past, i have received quick responses.

they didn't delete it initially. Another poster on here sent them a message about it that i think indicated this site's involvement and that's when they deleted it.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Are you sure? I have a hard time thinking someone here would torpedo an honest attempt to help kids. If someone here did contact them, I really think or would hope that they were trying to bridge the gap in order to help the situation rather than undo it. It's a bigger shame that it will be the children that could have had an experience that they may never have otherwise had the opportunity to enjoy that will be the big losers in all this. IF this is truly the case, the pettiness of the situation is repulsive at best. Differences can be put aside for something of this nature. I'm at a loss for the level that grown ass people will stoop to over damn message board politics if that truly is the case. Some things in life should take precedent over egos. Unbelieveable!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I apologize for being unclear. Someone from this site contacted them, but it was in an attempt to help the situation. They weren't trying to undo it, but the reaction from the other side was immediate deletion of the thread. I then sent an angry rebuke asking them to let go of unprecedented internet hatred in order to provide this experience for more children. In this email, i also stated that we were working on figuring out a way to get participation from VN without promoting, or even mentioning this site. I received no reply and took it upon myself to post another thread with my email address, stating that if anyone wished to donate, they could contact me and i would point them in the right direction. The thread was deleted in less than a minute and i received my ban.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I've never received an answer from Freak, and I get the same screen as Indy when I attempted to post. Never was told I am banned or how long or why.

15. JayVols

Well, glad to hear it was a positive contact, Indy. I really felt that no one here would try to hurt the situation. However, I stand by the rest of my post.

16. JayVols

I still am blown away by your ban RB. Look at it this way, you might hold the honor of being the only mod (think I'm correct in saying that) to get banned. That's an accomplishment, imo.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Those are some pitiful individuals over there.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Off that they read and reacted to the one message about the contest do quickly but haven't had the time to get around to the pesky questions about why folks were banned for promoting charity.

19. WM

WM Active Member

The "contact button" is over there under that park bench..
    Duh.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This is identical to my situation. no reason or length was given for my ban. You'd think they'd have the courtesy to at least let me know. I spent 3 and a half years over there with like 15k posts.