Episode 121: Rogue Hype One

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I remember him from a few years ago.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I still am. We only get so many seasons. But it isn't the same as thinking you're going to be competing for a championship. I just try to enjoy each game on its own

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

This is where I'm at. Just stay stocked up on beer and whiskey.

4. Ssmiff

again. is that so bad? Cept I had to switch to vodka. Found out it made me much less volatile. Haven't had bourbon in a decade or so after drinking it for 25 years.

5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I want to be able to have expectations high and have a reasonable chance of meeting them.

I'm also a Vodka guy on some days. Just straight on ice just like the bourbon. Depends on the day and the mood.

6. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I can't imagine how much of an alcoholic I'd be if I actually enjoyed the taste of alcohol.

7. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

I'm too apathetic about this program right now to actually spend money on alcohol.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I plan on watching Monday just to watch and out of morbid curiosity. But if it goes like I expect, it will probably be the last one I see other than accidentally seeing it come on. But even then I will probably cave.

And they know it and can get away with the crap they pull because of it.

9. Ssmiff

i'm excited for some football. Can't wait to see some of the guys play...Dormady and Guarantano, Kelly, Ty, all the wrs, Trey, Bumphus, DTaylor and Kongbo, Kmc, Nigel, the new Martin.

10. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I'll watch Monday, but it will be DVR'd and I'll skip ahead between each play.... Should be able to get through the whole game in 30 minutes

11. Ssmiff

instead of Kirkland and a healthy Sapp, we get Jumper and Bates. That doesn't excite me

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't realize Sapp was hurt. Sounds like he might wash out due to injuries. Too bad.

13. Ssmiff

acl recovery time has shrunk over the years quite a bit and too many come back too early in my opinion. The mental aspect hard as well. I think he just took off the green jersey a couple weeks ago, so he may not be the best guy for us vs a system going low on us all day. Just a guess.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'll definitely watch. But it is crazy how my interest and excitement have dropped off since 2010 or so. Year before last just murdered me. The Oklahoma game was like the final dagger. I decided as I walked out of the stadium that I was done asking my family to make a single sacrifice (even if that is no, you'll need to wait until after the game to go to the park) for me to watch this shit show until the leadership on the hill and boosters show a real commitment to win.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Butch was lucky to make it out of Neyland alive that day.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

This.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I had some false Bama hope in the first half of their game yesterday. But nope. Same Saban magic.