North Korea H-bomb Test

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volguy1971, Sep 3, 2017.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

We are also willing to remove dictators and regimes that go against us (i.e., Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan). I don't know why Kim Dumb Un wants to test us.

2. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

3. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Stratfor:

"No other country can match the United States when it comes to projection of power. Should Washington decide to carry out a military strike against North Korea, even a limited one, the immediate impact would be devastating for Pyongyang. When considering military action, however, it is important to acknowledge the variables and intelligence gaps that inevitably complicate political and military decision-making. Even with the United States' advantage in training, coordination and equipment, complicating factors and uncertainty about the exact locations and dispositions of North Korean assets make complete mission success far from assured...."

What the U.S. Would Use to Strike North Korea

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Also, i'm just a random dude on the interwebz, who knows nothing, but is instead merely bloviating my own largely ignorant and personal opinions. Nothing I say should be taken seriously, or accepted as having any basis in reality or fact.

5. Tenacious D

This entire scenario is predicated on the false notions that:
    1. NPRK's artillery would be immobile, and remain as such
    2. That said artillery wouldn't be quickly mobilised and moved closer, so as to drastically increase its accuracy and effectiveness
    3. That even a smattering of long range artillery shells which found their way to Seoul wouldn't cause widespread devastation and a tremendous loss of life.
    4. That said artillery would only contain explosives.

Admittedly, I'd imagine it's easy to downplay the risk for anyone not living in Seoul.

6. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Best case we obliterate his conventional and nuke forces without invasion and let his people take care of him. At least make it a 2 decade venture to rebuild his conventional forces and pop him any time he does anything with nukes.

Worst case he commits suicide by nuke by hitting Seoul ...then you get your millions dead with NK turned into an ash heap.

7. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

He discusses mobility as well as countermeasures.

Read the Statfor piece and go to their next section they go into more detail and basically back Streiffs conclusion. Wild card is a nuke tipped nodong hitting SK, Japan or Guam. All of which lead to Kim committing suicide by nuke.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Fire bombing would be a horrible thing. (look at Tokyo and Dresden)

9. Tenacious D

From an associated article to the one you linked:

10. Tenacious D

True. But on the list of potential non-explosive materials that could be delivered, South Koreans would - and should - pray that it's incendiary material, and not something far worse.

11. Tenacious D

And, China's role bears some mentioning, given that they've consistently said that they would firmly / forcefully oppose any measure that would lead to a regime change, which is basically anything which would lead to a reunified Korea.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes, there is a bunch of nasty shit that can be delivered with artillery. Gas, biologics, fire bombs, dirty bombs.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Can't we somehow poison him then send a damn missile right into his funeral? Seems a good way to get everyone together and then dead.

14. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Dithering will make it worse if and when we are forced to act. He grows stronger by the day.

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I heard on the radio coming into work this morning that the mountain where NK does their testing is in danger of collapsing... Wouldn't that be a kick in the ass if their nuclear hubris wound up doing them in by their own hand?

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I read that too. It would cause a massive release of radiation.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

From what I understand, only elites live in Pyongyang. Good place to level.

18. MWR

MWR Contributor

This situation may come down to - as the old folks called it - "nut cutting time". Difficult situations, difficult times, and probably desperate men having to make difficult decisions.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Please include Ri Chun Heeon on the take out list.

20. Tenacious D

CNN's North Korean correspondent?