Randy Moss Comeback

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kptvol, Mar 6, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Apparently worked out with the Saints and he's still got it. Could put their offense on a level above what the Pats ha a few years ago.

http://mobile.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-free-agency/2012/3/6/2849688/randy-moss-new-orleans-saints-free-agency/in/2073430

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Awesome. Randy Moss is my all-time favorite player.

3. kidbourbon

[video=youtube;tmJcUlrkMNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJcUlrkMNg[/video]

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He raised hell with Brent Hubbs when Tennessee was recruiting him because Hubbs wouldn't leave him alone. This made me like better than most.

His "straight cash homie" made him top 5 for me.

Joe Buck's reaction to his fake mooning in Green Bay made him second to only Barry Sanders in my favorite player discussion.

5. kidbourbon

Randy Moss and Barry Sanders are also #1 and #2 for me.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

i hope he goes to the 49ers.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Harbaugh would get a lot out of him

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Smart man

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

#1 Bo Jackson
    #2 Barry Sanders

Moss would be up there though somewhere.

10. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

The story about them opening the aquatic center for him during his on-campus visit is pretty hilarious, too.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

"I just want to swim, man"

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Oh hell. Now he's scheduled to workout with the Niners.

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

emain just got a boner

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

yes sir.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I guess I'm the only one that is not a fan of Moss.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  16. kidbourbon

Loser.

Moss grew up about an hour and a half away from my hometown. We had a basketball home game against Dupont High School when Moss was a Senior, and it was like a major town event. Moss was an excellent basketball player. He won Mr. Basketball in WV both his Junior and Senior years. We actually won that game rather decisively, but Moss was the only guy on the team worth his weight in dog shit. Jason Williams was a year older and was already at Florida. We didn't play them when they had both Williams and Moss. I'm sure they would have beaten us. [EDIT: Moss must have been a Junior when I saw him. That means he won Mr. Basketball as a Sophomore and a Junior. He didn't play as a Senior because he got expelled after the fight incident]

But Moss was definitely a local legend. He ran track his freshmen year and won states in both the 100 and 200 meters. He never ran again.* People would often say baseball was his best sport.** Anyway, you get the idea, he was a big deal, and so I always kept up with him going forward. The first NFL game I ever saw in person was a preseason game between the Vikings and the Titans his rookie year. He had three TD catches. One of them was just disgusting. Like it wasn't fair. That was actually the first time I ever saw him play football live and I've *definitely* been a big fan ever since.

And now I'm a 49ers fan.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  17. kidbourbon

I have to hear this story.

Or is that quote the extent of it?

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Cool.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was on a visit here in the fall, it may have been after the season when he was in high school. He saw the pools in the aquatic center and asked if he could go in. When asked why he wanted in, that was supposedly his response. They said he just started swimming once he got in.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've heard that about Moss and baseball before KB