This is not a good football team

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 9, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This may change in a month or 6 weeks, but I can't even put on my orangest colored glasses and figure out how. QB play is below average, o line is awful, and I don't know why a team would run anything but to the edges on us. We can't defend it.

I'll stand by 7 and 5, but as of now its shaky. We've got a long ways to go before we are even "ok".

2. I am still at 6 and 6.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Poorly coached in every phase.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It really isn't. I'm still holding at my 7-5 as well, but totally understand the shakiness.

5. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

A fundamental undisciplined team. Some talent at rb and wr. Defense is playing like last years at the end of season. 6-6 is the very best we do. Hope I'm wrong.

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

What's the deal with the d-line playing a yard off the ball again?

7. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Put Callaway on the bench on kick offs and punt returns. We already have lost one starting wr due to injury. Its like Butch has no common sense.

8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

[​IMG]

9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

This game was more telling than GT. Yeah yeah yeah, short week... But with infinitely superior talent, we looked inept, not flat. This was not about a short week. It was about Butch's David Lee Roth inspired "glazed donut and a bottle of anything to go" offense. We are poorly coached from a position play standpoint. We are poorly coached from a strategic standpoint. I friggin hate the way this team plays. I even hate the good plays as they seem by accident.

Dormady plays so tight and overthrows all deep balls
    Butch is obsessed with horizontal passing
    Our o line blows and blows terribly. Gashed!
    Butch purposely created a dual QB situation stacked against Geronimo
    Shoop sucks. Can't seal the edge. Can't adjust to slow down runs at the edge.
    Jumper
    Everyone gets hurt

I took it easy on them with GT as there are so many unusual things about playing them and they didn't quit. But they sucked. And they sucked again against one of the least talented teams we could play. I really cannot stand the way this team plays. I day FL wins 17-9

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I'm wholly convinced that Bob Shoop got tired of Butch's prodding and said "**** you, I'll just collect a paycheck then." So Butch is calling the defense and the D Staff is getting hammered in the press box.

If anyone has a better explanation for how he suddenly became utter shit, I am open to it.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yup, and Jumper is absolutely terrible.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

But he's gritty and really white!

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Would not be surprised at all.

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

We don't rotate at all on D. Starters getting way to many snaps.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm almost positive he is the worst starting LB in the country.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You know, I believe this. That whole two yards off the line thing looks so Butch it isn't funny. I can see him thinking this up and believing it will be the hottest thing since the nickel was invented.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Right now we could lose to any team in the east IMO.

18. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

You are correct
    Trumpet blower will be exposed again and finish sub .500 in the SEC

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My personal favorite was the punt with 4th and a foot.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

He's the worst starting LB we have fielded in my lifetime and its not close. Yeah, I am including Nick Reveiz... at least he appeared to really want it.