Has Butch Been Playing Vanilla Until UF?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 12, 2017.

1. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Generally? Combine all three teams together and you still could find more speed at a nursing home.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He's a serial liar.

3. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

and fraud

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If you have to hold back to beat one, reasonably weak, team on your schedule - what does it say about YOU?

No way.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't know, I'd say it's pretty commonplace. We just don't execute anything well enough to not look terrible

6. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I had the privilege of speaking to a former player who played under Stitch earlier this week. He has no love for for him and point blank said he was a shitty coach. Something we all knew, but thought it was a pretty damning statement.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Name names.

8. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

While I could, and JayVols will vouch for me in terms of not saying something that is complete bullshit, I would prefer to not burn my source of information.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, don't name if it doesn't feel appropriate. I believe you completely, fwiw.

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

This same argument was made last year and we looked like total trash until down by 21.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I believe you and understand why you would not name names.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

What's going to blow your minds is, we're playing vanilla for years until we're set up to make a run for the national championship. That's when you guys are going to see the good stuff. Trust me, if you can suffer through a couple more years of garbage, it will be worth it.

BOOM.

Butch knows it takes 12 years to rebuild a program, so when all the pieces are in place, watch out [itch bay]es. National championship bound.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I just wanted to know who it is.

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

No confirmation needed

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's all of them. Very few will voice these things, though.

16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Good point

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

4+ years is the loooonnnnngggggg con

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

He first started executing the con by participating in tryouts for first chair trumpet in high school marching band. Diabolical. Alabama has no idea what's coming.