Same Quote Different Year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 13, 2017.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Butch- "You have to start fast on the road. Of our 70 individuals boarding the plane, only 27 have been in The Swamp."

Why have I heard a variance of the same excuse for 5 years now? He acts like he has the youngest team every year. Wtf is wrong with this guy? I don't care if he goes 11-1 I still want him fired so I don't have to hear this wussy bull crap every week. What could possibly be the point of him saying that other than giving him an excuse to lose?

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

It's pathetic that he even knows the number.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

4. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

That proves he is meticulously looking for excuses. What a loser.

5. NorrisAlan

The thing is, in two years, when we go down there again, guess what coach, it will be about 2/3 of the roster has never been to Gainesville. It is called being a 4 year college and mathematics you dumb sack of shit.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Butch had only coached there once when he blew the two point conversion call and didn't try to gain any yards on his final drive like a total [itch bay]. Completely understandable. I only hope that having coached there twice he can now coach the game is if he isn't a total ****ing moron.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd love for a reporter to politely make this point to him in a presser, just to see what he says. So tired of it. Any given year, more than a quarter of the team will play in five venues they never have before, and likely will play in at least one new venue every year after that. Anyone who has played organized sports has experienced playing in new venues. This isn't really a big part of the adversity one faces. If it is, they are not cut out for competitive sports.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

You need to understand that two of his testicles have never been to the swamp before.

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I wish he would spontaneously combust.

10. NorrisAlan

I will be honest, there are times when I swear he is about to do just that.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

At some point (I would think now, but eventually) you'd think some reporter would understand that there is no way Butch will be here much longer. So, making him look like a fool might get your access limited for the remainder of his time, but it could also make you the lone reporter that isn't an obsequious sheep. Seems it would be worth it to make a name for yourself.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Nah, Butch will retire here. And he'll do so as the winningest coach in Music City Bowl history.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How many guys on those Oklahoma and Arkansas teams had ever been to Neyland?

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I never have any idea what he says until I read it here or elsewhere. Don't watch the press conferences he has and know what he's going to say. I could care less. Win or go home. Man does it bother a lot of people though, and I can see why.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

butch would rather play only road games to get the experience.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Once an interim is named in November, the local guys will start questioning Butch

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Road games are easier. Neyland crowd cost us the OU game a couple of years ago, per BSiA...fans were too loud, Vols couldn't concentrate.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I look forward to hearing the stories these guys have been sitting on for years that confirm how much of a jackass Butch is.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's really hard to fathom a member of the media getting ahold of a juicy story like Kiffin drunkenly wrecking a Lexus with some chick that isn't his wife at some unholy hour... and just not report it.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don't remember what twitter was like in '09.