Is 3-4 enough to get him out?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 17, 2017.

?

Is 3-4 enough to get Jones out?

1. Yes, 4 losses will be enough to get him fired.

19.0%
  2. Going 3-4 will do it, but 4-3 with a later loss would save him.

9.5%
  3. Only 5 losses on the season will get him out.

23.8%
  4. He'll be back next season as long as he wins 7 games.

47.6%
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

We beat UMass next week, then lose to UGA, SCAR, and Bama. Will that be enough?

It's okay if it isn't, I am guessing Vandy has enough to clip Butch again. So 3-4 enough, or do we have to wait until 5 losses?

Both are very much on the table.

2. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

Probably find a way to beat USCjr.

3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Muschamp has butch's number. Probably because butch is scared that Muschamp will beat him up after the game if we win.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you think 4-3 with a later loss would be enough to save him?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I voted yes, but Currie is the real wild card here. I would like to think that he will pull the trigger on Butch a lot faster than Hart would have.

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If there was ever a time for Currie to be the asshole he's said to be, it's now.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

4 SEC loses and he is done.

8. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

I'm thinking 6-6 is the only way he's gone.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's openly made fun of on TV for his coaching acumen by former coaches and players each of these past three seasons. Openly made fun of by every human on the planet for his stupid remarks.

He's an embarrassment and he isn't winning. He has to be gone.

Also, I really think the stupid catchphrases and trash cans and other embarrassments are an extremely egregious sin in the eyes of Currie. He will push for him to be gone. Hopefully he is already working on a replacement to help convince the boosters to shove him out the door.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Unless a new day has dawned with Currie, he needs 5 losses, but I really don't think that that will be an issue.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Being a Tennessee fan is more frustrating than a quadriplegic peeping tom at a nudist beach.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Honestly, if I was the AD and we lost to Georgia, I would be preparing to announce his firing the Sunday after the Bama loss.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He should travel to Bama, meet him on the sideline in the fourth as we are down 4 TDs and tell him to go on back to the locker room and get his things to beat traffic. Maybe hand him an Uber gift card (does that exist?). Seriously, it would be awesome if Currie came out instead of Butch for the post game press conference and announced it was all over. Talk about turning around a miserable day.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, this guy worries about tie placement during press conferences.

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

They are awful. Ky manhandled them at sc.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Currie cares about the image as much as he does the on the field results.

He grits his teeth and keeps his mouth shut about stupid slogans and gimmicks if Tennessee is 5-0, but he's not going to if you're 3-4.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Nothing that has happened post-Kiffin makes me believe 3-4 would be enough to get him fired. Currie is the only wild card, but how much leash does he really have?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Empty seats equal lost money. Neyland is going to be a ghost town by November

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I bet it'll be pretty damn empty this week

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What? You don't want to sit through a 4 hour game to watch us beat UMASS 35-10?