Dormady Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Duckman, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

In the midst of the thicket of all the anti-Butch threads let's address this a little.

Where do we seem him going forward? Is he a lost cause? Does he even last the full season or will Guarantano eventually step up and overtake him?

He has looked average at best in the three games he has played which is unfortunate. But I have honestly seen his play as more of an indictment on the staff more than anything.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He isn't a bad QB. It appears he's received no coaching whatsoever in his time here.

He's got the arm and when he sets his feet, can make the majority of the throws.

That being said, this is a read option based offense and he looks like a less athletic Casey Clausen running the ball.

You start Guarantano from here going forward because he actually fits what you want, an athlete that can make a play with his legs.

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

As you've pointed out before, he did the same thing starting Worley over Dobbs until he was hurt.

4. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

The throw to Wolfe on Saturday was a beauty. I have no doubt he has talent, but he has not been developed at all which is a shame.

I like the idea of starting Guarantano simply because of his fit within the offense, but he seems to not be ready at all to take over the reigns if it comes to it.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Guarantano looked pretty terrible in his limited snaps. He's been here a year and a half (he was an early enrollee). He also doesn't look coached whatsoever.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I expect we're seeing the last of him. Jones threw him under the bus in press conference today, saying that it was Dormady who audibled to a pass on 1st and goal at the 1.

Assuming he'll move on to JG and cross his fingers.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, Dormady's next interception is probably his last pass attempt here.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Poor Butch, even if Guarantano comes in and plays lights out from here, Butch is going to catch hell for not playing him.

If that happens, he deserves it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Kid has arm talent. He's playing for the worst offensive mind in big time football and has no QB coaching. He's only 3 games into his career. The game is clearly still moving fast for him, but he can throw it and he isn't afraid of punching it in there. He's more than capable of winning here. I'd rather have Riley Ferguson back, but that's fine.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He seriously said that? Seems like that's the kind of thing you can't just lie about. Everyone on the team would know and see that you're throwing Dormady under the bus.

11. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I don't think he's a lost cause. This is just a bad offense. I could see him being very successful elsewhere. It's a shame when you feel sorry for a kid because he chose to come to Tennessee.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

May have been true - still no reason for him to go there.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ferguson sucked here and he'd suck now under these clowns.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Seems to be a pattern with QBs sucking under Butch Jones. But Jones is an offensive guru, so that cant be the problem...

Hmm...perplexing...

15. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

this:

and this:

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I can guarantee Ferguson doesn't wish he was still here.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He didn't suck as a player.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not sure what you mean. I saw him in action twice and he looked Nathan Peterman awful.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Good arm. Fluid. Athletic. No offense. No coaching.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He obviously has the tools. So does Kongbo. He'd be crap under this leadership.