Nashville Church Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Sep 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sheesh.

3. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Yet this is not on the front page of any of the major news outlets. The only thing they're talking about is kneeling during the national anthem.

If this was a white guy shooting up a black church I guarantee it's a national headline.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

This isn't your thread to go on a tangent about how much you hate the liberal media.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Thank goodness that Engle guy was there. Sounds like a bad ass.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also, its the second link under top stories on CNN.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Agreed. I always hope that I am collected enough to take action if anything like this happens somewhere when I am around.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A lot of that would be luck. If you are at the front of the sanctuary and this guy enters from the back guns blazing, you are just going to get yourself killed. Better to stay down or run. I'm guessing this Engle guy was a bit off to the side and close enough he knew he could get his hands on him before he could turn and fire. Still took a lot of balls.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Truth.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Should revise that. No way he could have known that. Maybe thought or hoped, but he was definitely taking a chance of getting blasted by approaching him.

12. CardinalVol

Yup, but good luck to the guy who tries this at my church. We've got 1 special ops guy that still does overseas security work and about a half dozen Marines, most of whom carry, and one who always sits in the very, very back. And while he's crazy, I have zero doubt he could put one between the eyes of anyone in a situation like that.

13. CardinalVol

Used to go to church there.

14. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

There are several churches here that have security teams. Usually about 8 guys per service who conceal carry.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If I can't sit facing a door, I want the special ops guy with a carry permit sitting behind me.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My in laws church has two retired police officers and several 2nd amendment believers.

Her uncle has, at minimum, a .380 in his boot and a 9 on his hip

17. CardinalVol

Oh, I was just mentioning the ones that I whole-heartedly trust to be able to take care of things, not the others who are carrying at all times.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It reminds me of my high school principal talking about school shootings: "If they shoot here, they better not screw up and do it during deer season"

19. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Funny and sad, Praise the Lord and pass the ammo.

The church I used to attend here has pagers for parents, and auditorium for the sermon, TVs for overflow, a cafe to serve people coffee, contemporary music and a bunch of other stuff.

I miss the church from my early youth. It was made up of poor mountain folk with about 2 cents between them, loving on each other and singing "Go Tell it on the Mountain," "This Little Light of Mine" and "I have Decided"

The church I went to in SC was a yuppy church but it was still more traditional than todays churches. The people just had money.

I have to say I was blessed to have both. I was in handbells, choir and Baptist Youth Fellowship when I was in SC. I would have never been able to do those things in the small church in TN.

Today you have to have the NRA in the back pews in case some nut decides to come in and shoot up the place.

Matthew 23:39
    For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’

That is Baruch Haba B'Shem Yahweh or Adonai.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

From sudan? Bet this is going in the direction of terrorism.

Despicable.