Ending of Butch's press conference

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 25, 2017.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Funny

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

**** that. I want him gone ASAP so I can stop worrying about whether Tennessee is too stupid to pull the trigger. I want Tennessee looking for a coach before everyone else is. I don’t want there to be a chance that beating the terrible teams at the end saves him. I want this to be over as soon as possible.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I hope we beat UGA and while Jones is jumping around like an idiot, Currie runs over and begins jumping in rhythm with him, "You're still fired!"

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

He gonna get fired. It's happening!

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Legit lol when he said fake news.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They will be even if he is not fired publicly yet.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Are they looking now? Who do you think we will realistically look at?

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They BETTER be calling agents of three particular coaches right now, and non-stop.

9. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

No, they will wait to form a search committee in January lol I have no faith in the competence of anything UT

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I want to believe you, but I have heard so many encouraging words here that haven't amounted to anything

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It is so difficult to imagine they aren't, then you remember it's UT we're talking about.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Listening to Jimmy's show for the first time in years.

He says that John Adams had been raising his hand all presser and wasn't called on. Jimmy raised his hand and was given the mic, and Jimmy hands it to Adams. Adams starts to ask about Tuttle and the UT people freak and say give the mic back to Jimmy. Jimmy then ask about Tuttle and Jones goes off the deep end.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think it was pretty hard to imagine the magnitude of Hart's incompetence. Despite Hamilton being a joke, he supposedly always kept an updated list of ten names to replace any of his coaches. I think Hart waited a month after Dooley was fired to even begin the search. Tough to buy that a new guy like Currie didn't have Butch's replacement picked out on day one.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's lost Jimmy. Won't be long now.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Has he lost Jerry from Bulls Gap or Dan from Sweetwater?

If he loses those, it's over-over.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Like someone else mentioned, we are dealing with different ringmasters this go around.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Expecting John Currie to be as incompetent as Dave Hart would be like expecting the 49ers QB after Joe Montana to be a hall of famer. It's just really unlikely to have two guys in a row like that.

Oh crap.

18. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Honestly, probably the most real and honest answer he has given at a press conference since he's been here.

19. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Actually, let me rephrase this.

Not honest. Shy didn't fall on a helmet.

However, at least he gave a genuine and natural reaction for once and didn't sugarcoat anything with "coach speak."

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

we will never win as long as Bob Kesling is calling games. He's an albatross. If Butch and Bob are fired Saturday, we will be on our way to greatness.