Ending of Butch's press conference

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

that is literally the only thing giving me hope right now. given that I don't know anybody who knows anything, I don't know what to expect from Currie, but the fact that he isn't Hart does allow a sliver of hope

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Holy shit

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2017
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's asking the guys that cover Tennessee to "be Vol fans"

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And "I am friends with many of you".

That is dumb.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think coach speak breeds media contempt longterm. Just be real.

7. Tar Volon

I mean, they're both kinda asses, but Dooley press conferences had Rucker defending him well beyond the point where it was at all reasonable.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The lone thing he should ask them to do is to be fair. Good, bad, ugly, but be fair. Period.

And I've not seen how they have not been fair.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

If Tuttle was a couple years younger, I would be calling child protective services with a welfare concern.

10. cotton

"I think we have to understand what do we want out of our media. This place with the drama, and again, these are kids and I think we all have children and we're all adults. Are we focused on Tennessee football from a recruiting standpoint, from all the positive things we've done, from all the positive things this football program brings to the community, this great fan base? Are we in the reality world of TV?"

WTF does any of that mean? They are all words, but they don't go together. They are sentences, but they don't go together. And who the hell is "we" in any of the sentences?

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

12. Tar Volon

he starts sentences and then stops halfway through and changes tack. it makes sense (it's still stupid, but it makes sense) in the audio

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

SMall part of me wonders if this is a last ditch chance to ty to rewin the locker room.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, I'm still not sure what "the reality world of TV" is.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He missed the opportunity when he let his buddy Griffith smear Ethan Wolf.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

As much sense as Butch can make

17. cotton

Are you sure? Really, go through and try to define who "we" is in the 6 times he uses the pronoun. That isn't language.

I think he's having some sort of break.

18. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

We = collective Tennessee sports/university world. Fans, local media, coaches, students, administration.

He says "we" pretty often, because he wants to belong to ALL groups. He's a sad person, very likely not any real relationships in his life and this job is how he defines himself as a person.

I would feel bad for him if I didn't want to see him shot out of a human sized cannon into the middle of the Tennessee river.

19. cotton

I'm just going to consider him a moron who babbles meaningless shit a lot because that's my diagnosis.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Think Cardashians (sp?), real housewives, etc.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk