The Great Migration....

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

of the Endzone on toos to the Thunderdome on this site has begun. My hopes for this movement are that my zoner brethren will free themselves from the chains of toos, and come post in this wonderful place instead. If you are an ex zoner that is new to the promise land, post here and tell everyone something about yourself. It is my hope that within a week or so, this place will be littered with fan favorites, such as the RTT and various others.

If you know of a zoner that you think is a solid contributor, invite him/her over here!

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The former 'zoners have been both active and valuable contributors here, and all are welcome.

But I would warn that any mention of this site on TOOS will result in your immediate banishment, if not temporarily, then permanently. So, if you are going to invite others here (which we wholeheartedly support and appreciate), and wish to maintain a presence on TOOS, I'd suggest doing it via any means other than that site.

Not trying to dampen your enthusiasm, Indy, or to dissuade their invitation. Neither am I trying to cast aspersions at TOOS via fear-mongering, but rather, merely offering a statement of fact as to what you should expect from them in response.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Underground Railroad IMO

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

good point. A lot of the zoners (Tex, Hobock, Hman) don't really post here all that much anymore and have gone back to the zone on a more regular posting basis. My aim is to bring both those that are already registered here, as well as those who have never heard of the 8th, and form a sort of endzone-esque Thunderdome. Hopefully it will work out and they will all come. If all of them come, i see no reason why their experience here cannot be just as good, if not better than their experience on toos.

5. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

This place will slowly develop and become better over time. I want to see a few more come over, act like a total fool, cry, and get banned. I don't care where they come from in the world.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Should we change Indyvol's name to Tubmanvol?

7. CardinalVol

He at least needs her as an avatar for a while.

8. 7thgroupvolfan

Would be an upgrade from current avy, imo.

9. Tenacious D

I don't mess with a man's avatar ([MENTION=48]NYYVol[/MENTION] is essentially a woman, for all intents and purposes), but his user title has been corrected to more accurately reflect his new mission.

10. Tenacious D

I should note that [MENTION=13]justingroves[/MENTION] is impervious to all forms of banishment from TOOS, no matter how hard he tries.

He simply brings too much to the table, or under it, whichever you may most prefer.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Groves is pretty much hated by every newer poster on toos. Brings to much truth. As an old school zoner, 95% of those guys can pls go.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

[MENTION=13]justingroves[/MENTION] is a "truth shall set you free" kind of guy. Not everyone can handle it.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Did anyone ever find out why hobock quit posting over here? Guy was gung ho about the place and then went back and never posted here again.

Also, I've not received a ban over there. But I've also not posted at all in the past few months.

14. Tenacious D

There is a concerted effort of re-recruitment that has been afoot since we began. But with that being said, I have no idea why Hob has been scarce of late. Our product hasn't changed, with the exception of getting better, but individual tastes may have done so.

15. 7thgroupvolfan

I remember ho being upset about the mobile version of the 8th not working well. I could be mistaken, though.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

feel free to change it. I'll wear the avatar proudly.

I was the same way. In fact, Groves and i took on a few debates together a few weeks ago. They all have Dooleys balls so deep in their throats that they refuse to see the truth.

What do you mean by the last part though? 95% of who can please go where?

I don't think we need to add a BUNCH of new members. I, like many, I assume, like where the site is right now. It's a good balance of posters that leads to good debate with few, if any, dumbass opinions. I just want the zoners over here to talk to about normal every day life.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Groves is my hero. His determination to spread sanity in a sea of blind optimism is one of the most admirable things I have ever witnessed on the internet. His ability to skirt the razor's edge is noteworthy.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Pls go, as in please go anywhere but here.

19. CardinalVol

Careful boys, there are eyes watching as I type, right [MENTION=71]WesKrunker[/MENTION]?

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

who that be? VN mod? hey, [MENTION=71]WesKrunker[/MENTION] ... could you explain to me why i got banned for charity please?