Ending of Butch's press conference

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

I think there was real interest on Gruden's part...I think any rational person who knows his background and has listened to him knows he loves UT. The BS was Tenny's guarantee.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm not acting like I know what is in his head. I look at his words and his actions.

Let's try it like this: Saban care about his players? Remember, he once stepped over a player, laying on the ground in distress.

So, what ya think? Oh wait, let me preempt you: "let's not act like you know what is in his head."

Most rational people, though, will use their senses to determine the truth.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

How was it BS if of there was real interest? Even going down to the point where Brent Hubbs was talking about Gruden's staff having an orange tint to it?

I could see calling BS if Gruden had no interest at all, whatsoever. He was gonna be the coach until the ADmin screwed it up.

4. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Most rational people rely on facts. You act like you KNOW that he doesn't care about his players. I think most of his players would disagree.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It was guaranteed enough that people were resigning jobs so they could join his staff.

It was a done deal till cheek and hart rode in to save the day.

6. fl0at_

That's an odd stance to take. Acknowledging that there was interest, but denying that Tenny knew about any of it?

What'd, he just get lucky on his guess?

7. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

You are looking past my comment. The BS was in Tenny's guarantee that it was going to happen, even after things went south.

8. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Proof?

9. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Didn't say he didn't know anything....just saying the guarantee was BS

10. fl0at_

Most rational people rely on facts. You act like you KNOW that his players know he cares about them. I think most know he's just doing a job.

Whew. Being you gives me a headache. I doubt you see that you are correcting me with the same level of knowledge, all the while saying mine are wrong.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Exactly he doesn't defend players, he defends himself. Guy always coaches good enough to win, so its the players fault we lose, throws Dobbs out the wolves after the loss to Vandy last year while the mother****ing coward is nowhere to be seen. No, he doesn't like living in the quagmire he architected brick by brick.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

South Pittsburgh is where I'd look.

13. fl0at_

There were umpteen names thrown out for the position by every outlet in college athletics, all claiming an inside track.

Were they all BS too?

14. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Ahh...cryptic. So sly.

15. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

He defended his players today

16. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Again looking past my comment. I said the BS was in the guarantee.

Also...there were people saying Gruden would not come to UT

17. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

ffs float, butch has got hand written notes/cards slipped under his door in the dead of night from players expressing the love,support, and admiration they have for the him.

Didn't that dumbass say that once? That he received a note or something from the players. Texts from other coaches too I believe, but that's a whole other pile of BS.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  18. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Nope...you have an opinion, I have mine. Neither of us have the facts.

19. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Lol

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Where? He said you guys should stop being negative and mean to me. What are they negative about? His non-existent ability to coach, his ability to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory.