Checkered Neyland

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 26, 2017.

1. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

We'll see soon enough.

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Ouch

3. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

It will be full at kickoff.

Second half may be a different story.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I bet there's 35000 UGA fans there

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

No - it's great. I like it. But do you think people really care right now? I wouldn't if I were going.

6. Butch Jones

Butch Jones Small Member

People will get fired up and display this type of school spirit when we formally announce Colton Jumper recently being granted an unprecedented 7th year of eligibility. We have our middle linebacker position locked down for the foreseeable future, folks.

7. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

People are pissed right now. Understandably so. That still doesn't mean fans won't show up.

The BIG drop in attendance happens after a loss in this game.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Have you seen the pictures of the UMASS game?

9. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

They're definitely pissed. Look at my pics in the UMass thread at the attendance.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah but I don’t know if I’d compare a noon kick against UMass to Georgia

I agree it’s not gonna be what it usually would be but still

11. TennTradition

There will be plenty of folks selling tickets to UGA fans. Also this is about being psyched and wanting to checker Neyland vs showing up for the likely loss.

12. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I have.

Turnout for Umass had a lot going against it considering the hangover from the Florida loss and an early kickoff.

Georgia is the biggest home game draw left on the schedule with a 3:30 kickoff. People may not stay for the end but people will be there at kickoff.

13. TennTradition

I thought we were talking about a fan base excited to checker Neyland - not whether people were going to show up.

To me the checker was about big games and creating an atmosphere.

This is a preparation for a funeral - or feels that way at least.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've never had a funeral cause me this much joy

15. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Nobody is talking attendance. We are talking about participation in the checkered board. The place will be full to start the game, no brainer.

16. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Guess I'm just not seeing this as being an issue. To me, the main problems would be as follows:

A. Low Attendance
    B. High Georgia fan attendance/Low Tennessee fan attendance
    C. Early exiting from the game

I highly doubt most fans are going to actively boycott checker Neyland just because of how the team has played or because of Butch Jones, especially if they already have a ticket. A good majority will be on board for doing this.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

If you're sheep enough to attend, you're sheep enough to wear what they tell you.

HOWEVER

I bet enough people sell to UGA fans that it won't look great.

18. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Had an exchange with someone on the other site about Vol fans selling tickets to Dawg fans. Vol fans will be putting their tickets up on line to sell. It's not the fact the UGA fans will be buying all the tickets it's the fact that Vol fans are not interested and will not be buying.