2nd Tier Coaching List

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 26, 2017.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Not in September. Tennessee hammered LSU that game and Kelly Washington had about 250 yards receiving.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I don't think that's true. He was only with Les for two seasons.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I'm starting to move towards the point of turning my fan card in if we don't hire from the top tier list. Outside of past problems from an admin standpoint, there's absolutely no reason why we cant get one of these big names we really want.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Then I am wrong. So he's got Jimbo, but not much else.

Which isn't terrible; most trees probably don't have a stem with a National Championship.

Still, though, Saban succeeds no matter who is on his staff. At some point, it's just him.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This sounds good but I think it’s possible that those guys would say no.

Don’t get me wrong. Make them get a restraining order. But I don’t think it’s as simple as here’s the money.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

What?

7. TennTradition

Color me skeptical.

What indication is there that he is at all suited for managing a program of 18-25 year olds and deal with boosters, AD, etc?

He's a great football mind but a successful college program is a lot more than that, IMO. Honestly if you have a good system for player and assistant development but don't have an amazing football mind you are probably better than the opposite as long as you understand clock management and have a feel for the flow of a game.

8. TennTradition

For what, a year? Two?

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One year at Michigan State as a GA

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Plus working under Belichick for a long time. He also drafted a lot of the key players that were apart of the Broncos Superbowl teams. I personally think he is going to be a really good HC.

11. TennTradition

Do you think his first shot at it was too early?

I think he seems to be a very good coach as well. But still not sold what makes him good translates to running a college program.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Perhaps a Bill Belichick Cleveland Browns type situation?

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I guess if we’re talking about a roll of the dice id rather do it on somebody like McDaniels over Up-and-Comer of the Day.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he's a good coach, but I don't know if he's a good college coach. I don't see him being good at the off the field stuff with boosters.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Browns will never win anything ever. You can succeed in Denver.

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

So would I.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's just him. His coaching tree sucks.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Way too early. He made some mistakes that cost him but he was doing a really good job of getting the pieces in place. I think he learned a lot from what happened in Denver.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

yet 3/4 of the SEC has fallen in love with getting one of his coaches and now look at the SEC. It is just him and a bunch of shit.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think there's a handful of coaches that could win huge here. I don't really care about winning the press conference. There's plenty of talent here and the program is a top 10 program.

However, with the way Tennessee is viewed nationally, a Stoops, Patterson, Kelly or Gruden is needed.

I want a great coach that wins a lot. I think there's plenty that can outside the top 4.