"95% chance Butch is fired..."

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 27, 2017.

1. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

If UGA doesn't beat us by 2 TDs, they should fire Kirby Smart.

knoxvol likes this.
  2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Oh, shit he's going to make himself coach, isn't he?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He wants to be Doug Dickey

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

This.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

kind of a low bar though.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Is it just me, or does every beacon of hope for Tennessee come with bad news?

Every coach we hire is replaced with another disappointment, and we went from Hamilton to Hart and then missed on Blackburn.

Now we hear Tennessee may fire Butch, but we also hear that may mean Fulmer gets more involved?

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Hit rock bottom and kept digging

8. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Is TMAC back? He was in the know...you know.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

A BIG Please!

10. TDVol1989

John L at Arky.

11. TDVol1989

I would agree that the interim job is not a great idea. There are still a lot of people that would love to have him back and even the slightest bit of improvement or luck and here we go. However, because he is quite popular with a great deal of the fan base, it may be smart to include him in some way. If you have an agreement that Phil is involved in the selection (you know, for show) and Phil blesses the new hire and Phil gives the team a pep talk, and Phil is happy about all of it, it could have a positive effect on some fans. If I am Currie, I know that a firing this quick in the season is bound to cause some backlash. So, it is important to "manage" the situation. Think about it. What percentage of fans that DO support Butch also think that all of our problems started with the firing of Fulmer (instead of blundered hires)? I would guess that a great number of Pro-Butchers would like to have Fulmer involved. JMO.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Currie and Fulmer don't get along very well

13. TDVol1989

Since we are in high gear, why not read Coaches Hot Seat. This piece is a few weeks old, but Butch is currently 6th. Whipple at UMASS is 3rd so now your job is in jeopardy if you lose to Butch.

http://coacheshotseat.com/chsblog/archives/3039

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I just have this nagging feeling we're going to play well Saturday.

16. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Love your avatar but... "THE LEADS ARE WEAK!"

17. TDVol1989

I realize that we have played GA pretty tough under Butch, but I don't see it this time. Dobbs did a lot of damage and we don't have anything like that. GA usually has hurt RB's and they have 3 healthy studs this time. How good is our Run D? Our wins have involved serious luck the last time in Neyland and a Hail Mary last time in Athens. Neither Dobbs nor Jauan are back. No way the players will rally for Butch. Some will want to play GA well due to being from there, but that won't be enough. Butch will be so uptight, you couldn't bang a pin up his butt with a sledgehammer.

Who knows how good Kirby is, but he is better than Butch. I smell an epic beatdown and darn near riots in the streets. I hate to see the Vols get beat like that, but I think it is coming. I mean, we might get down 24-7, then cut it to 24-17, 24-13 as typical. But, collapse. Of course, if GA turns the ball over 6 times, maybe. But, not likely.

18. TDVol1989

I could go out right now and close these leads. I am just saying that AD's think about PR too.

19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If it happens it'll only be beccause the players decided to call their own plays, because they definitely ain't playing for Butch.

20. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Vols 2016 team would slaughter 2017 - and we only won on a hail mary against a piss poor UGA team last year.