Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lumberjack4, Mar 14, 2012.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Anyone else like the HBO series? I really enjoyed the first season, just finished up the first book and started on the second.

Attached Files:

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, the series is pretty sweet. Looking forward to the next one. If I ever come across the book in a used bin, I'll give it a look.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Wife is obsessed. Reads the book and all that jazz. It's okay imo.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I really enjoy the shows. Can't wait for April 1st. The trailers they have been showing the past couple of months make it look amazing.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Do it. I'm on the third book now, but school has slowed my reading down.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Tonight it begins.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Can't wait.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Dum dum da da dum dum...

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

So I have almost finished the 2nd book and they have changed a lot this season. For the most part, season 1 followed the book fairly close. Season 2 is happening in bizaro world.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

My wife said that they are doing a horrible job of explaining what is going on in Season 2. I know I've asked her several things when something didn't make sense and she was able to explain it based on the book.

Also, Renly isn't gay in the books?!?!?

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Yeah the whole gay Renly thing is a HBO fabrication. It's a shame considering how hot is wife is.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

HBO has a gay agenda.

- Rick Santorum

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Watched the season 2 finale last night. I felt like they were trying to wrap up as much as they could in 60 min's. My only problem with this show is that it's 10 episodes long and comes on once a year.

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

It's because the books aren't even finished yet. I believe there are two books left and it takes him almost five years to write one.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I haven't read the books but read somewhere that they are missing almost 50% of the content in the show. I know most movies/shows that are derived from books miss a lot of the content but if it's a matter of them trying to string it out why not make more episodes per season? I absolutely love the show and just hate that it's over is all.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

GoT took massive liberties this season. For the most part Season 1 was on the money. There were times I didn't know what was going to happen next in Season 2 because everything started going to hell. I did see where Seasons 3 and 4 are supposed to be based on the 3rd book so hopefully they don't cut stuff out left and right.

17. chavisut

Sweet, book three is crazy.

Arya, Jon Snow, Jaimie Lannister, and Tyrion are some of my favorites. [uck fay] the Frey's.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

It's not that season two was bad - but I was left saying WTF when I realized this was going to be the season finale. I felt like they needed at least a couple more episodes to make me feel like we got somewhere this season.

19. chavisut

12 would be sweet which I thought was the norm for HBO, Showtime, etc.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed, more episodes needed.