The Arizona Diamondbacks Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Aug 24, 2011.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Was going to start about a week ago, but I decided to wait until the next time they won a game.

This link seemed like a good way to start the thread.

Link

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

2 games up with 32 to play.

Anyone like their chances or do you expect them to choke?

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Early in the year, someone asked if I thought they would choke and keep up the lead they had in the west. I think it was before the AllStar break. I thought they would gradually fall behind the Rockies and the Giants....but I guess I was wrong. They have certainly been able to keep their momentum and I dont see why they would choke now. Of course, I probably just jinxed them to shit.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think I asked that on volnation.

5. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Lincecum getting beat around, lineup being dominated by Randy Wells... I may be ready to give up on the 2011 Giants.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Arizona is now 5 games up with 27 games remaining.

The Dbacks have won last 7 after the 6 game losing streak. During the streak, the starting pitchers have posted an ERA of 0.56. (48.0 innings, 3 ER)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Just saw he had an ERA over 5 and threw a 2 hit shutout. Wow.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Dbacks now 6 up with 25 to play. Heading into the final month of the season on a 9 game winning streak.

Huge series in San Fransisco. Hope they don't go on one of their big slumps now.

9. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

San Fran just doesnt have the offense to win games. Pitching will take you only so far

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Some info about the NL West race for anyone who is interested:

Arizona is currently up 6 games on the Giants, and each team has 25 games remaining. The magic number is 20.
    The Dbacks play all but 3 of their remaining games against the NL West. The Giants finish the season against the NL West.
    The Dbacks play 3 in San Francisco starting tomorrow, and the Giants play 3 in Phoenix just before the end of the season.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

That's what I was thinking, but it seems like a lot of people think San Francisco has a good chance to come back.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If they get just a little bit of offense and the pitching doesn't drop off, they can. I don't see it happening though

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If they sweep Arizona in the upcoming series, they certainly would be in it. Otherwise, it seems like they may not have enough time.

14. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

It would just about take a New York Metsesque collapse by the DBacks at this point. Possible, I guess, but unlikely I think.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that's a mid 60s, pitch off a small mountain kind of month.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Arizona takes 2 of 3 and is now 7 games up with 22 to play.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Dbacks gave up 7 runs with 2 outs in the bottom of the 8th to blow the game. Lead back to 6 after Giants win.

18. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Never mind San Francisco, Arizona may be ahead of Milwaukee by the end of the weekend.

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Dbacks came back from 5-2 to win 6-5 in extras.

9.5 games up, magic number is 8.

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Arizona up 6 with 11 to play. Giants on a 6 game winning streak.