SEC Power Rankings Week 5

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 3, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

In the midst of the beginning stages of #coachsearch17 I forgot to do this. So here we go.......

1. Bama - The only non-who will be coaching UT question I have about UT/Bama at this point is if Bama can score 70 on us. And I think they can.

2. Georgia - Two things I don't want to admit that starting to become a reality. First, UGA is pretty good this year. Second, Smart looks like he may be able to be a decent head coach after all. I can see a SEC title game of 2 unbeatens.

3. Auburn - Only loss thus far is a respectable loss to Clemson in Death Valley. They've probably got about 2 or 3 more losses in them IMO, but here they are. TBD if Gus can save his job.

4. Florida - Mac is just going to be one of those guys who just wins a lot of game with no rhy or reason as to why. Maybe it's the teeth. Maybe it's because he likes to hump sharks. I don't know.

5. A&M - I don't know. They are a meltdown away from being 5-0. Then they also should have been beaten by Carolina. And didn't really look impressive in between. Proof that the SEC really isn't that good. I don't think they will fare well once confernece play gets rolling.

6. State - While the Mullen Train has slowed down a bit, I still suspect some type of rebound from these last two weeks.

7. Kentucky - Should be 5-0 and the Cats should be talking about how they are now a football school. I'll give them some slack for a downer week after the loss to Florida.

8. Carolina - The only think we care about from these guys now is if they are Butch's last game.

9 - LSU - Let me educate you - Troy is not a bad football team. Should never go into Baton Rouge and win, but not a bad team. Would beat UT by three touchdowns right now. I also still think once their freshman QB figures it out and Guice is healthy that LSU won't be terrible.

10 - Vandy - Don't laugh - they could arguable finish the season with 9 wins. It's not likely, but other than UGA they rest of their schedule isn't that hard.

11 - Arkansas - Bert.

12 - Ole Miss - Payback's a [itch bay] ain't it?

13 - Tennessee - Yeah.

14 - Mizzou - BYE week scored 35 on them. Tough times.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just ponder how bad Mizzou is to be below UT.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Thanks for the Troy education.

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Another brick in the wall

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I have Auburn slightly ahead of UGA, just because the UGA passing game is pretty terrible. Fromm throws 3+ ints last week if our entire D doesn't have stone hands.

6. CardinalVol

Neal Brown will be a hot coaching commodity one day.

7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Their matchup could be huge. Both teams will be favored in every game until then barring something unforeseen. Auburn's running game has to improve and it will if they can keep the top two backs healthy, but that's a big if.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You almost persuade me to root for Georgia.

9. RockyHill

Are you just saying that to say it?

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Not really. I don't hate Georgia like I do Florida, Alabama, Kentucky, Vanderbilt. My motive for rooting against them would be that I am worried they are about to be a juggernaut.

When I see you posting, about Auburn, it kind of makes me want them to lose. That is probably a personality defect on my part.

11. RockyHill

Fair enough. I only asked because my post was hardly singing Auburn's praises or anything.

12. NorrisAlan

Uga has always been a sleeping giant. Why we need a rock star coach NOW.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They suck. Florida will probably beat them.

14. NorrisAlan

They stomp a mudhole in Florida.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll mark him down as Kentucky's head coach in 2019 if not sooner

16. CardinalVol

That's a solid bet.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They'll Georgia it up.

18. NorrisAlan

Heard the same thing going into the Tennessee game.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They kind of did. We just Butched the opportunity.

20. RockyHill

They certainly could, but the narrative surrounding UGA is way premature. What have they done? Squeaked out a win against a Notre Dame team that's nothing special and nothing else.